Fuel injected Lancia Scorpion at no reserve auction (not mine)

RJ80

True Classic
There's an FI conversion Scorpion on eBay currently. Looks like an interesting project, has been off the road for some time with an electrical issue, apparently.

With no reserve, wonder what it'll get to?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-Lanci...100875?hash=item44581d720b:g:IdQAAOSwe-heiO07

s-l1600.jpg

I really hope the bidding will rise to a level too high to be of any interest for me. Cause I would love that project but can't afford it actually... Anyway, I wish it will end-up to the right people...

I love an ad where the lawyer speak of five paragraphs is longer than the description of the car. I actually get that the dealer is so fed up trying to deal with this car that he just wants it gone...at any price. Did they really come with 160 mph speedos?

Pretty car. Take all the FI stuff off, carb it and off you go...once you find the electrical issue.

I am the highest bidder and my wife is going to cut something off of my lower extremities.

It has some really old tires on it, P6000. The replacement for P6’s

Somebody save me.

Knowing it's you ease my pain.

Sorry, the expression "my wife is going to cut something off of my lower extremities." didn't mean anything in French. I guess she's not going to help your cut your nails... But maybe some kind of torture? Pulling your nails off? Snipping your toes? I would be happy to come down and help her. :D:D:D:D As soon as we are going to be allowed to cross the border. :rolleyes:

Knowing it's you ease my pain.

Sorry, the expression "my wife is going to cut something off of my lower extremities." didn't mean anything in French. I guess she's not going to help your cut your nails... But maybe some kind of torture? Pulling your nails off? Snipping your toes? I would be happy to come down and help her. :D:D:D:D As soon as we are going to be allowed to cross the border. :rolleyes:

It generally refers to something a bit higher on the anatomical scale, generally genetalia. Something some of us still value and have a use for.

You are a funny guy...

Last edited:
It generally refers to something a bit higher on the anatomical scale, generally genetalia. Something some of us still value and have a use for.

You are a funny guy...

Oh! I understand. In MY body, it isn't in my lower extremity. It rises much higher :rolleyes:

Good luck to anyone here bidding (nice going, Karl!) Having just done a ton of work on a Scorpion that was sitting for years, I suggest that anyone looking to get this back on the road should realize that you're probably in for a full brake system rebuild and a full cooling system rebuild in addition to whatever the car will need to run. The gas tank will probably also have to come out for cleaning and resealing. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

I really like the wheels on this one, I just may put some tires on my own CD30s and see how they compare to the larger, heavier Ronal A1 replicas that are on the car now.

Karl, we are not going to save you because we all want you to suffer (like the rest of us). After a certain age you really don't need your middle extremety .

Damn, my girl was instrumental in getting my Scorpion. The U-Haul guy pointed out that my license had expired and he couldn't rent me a truck & trailer. I was beside myself because I'd already pre-purchased the car sight-unseen with the promise to drive 500+ miles south to pick it up.

My girl quickly offered to rent the truck, borrow a trailer, and drive me down to Napa valley and back to go get the car. I graciously accepted. I hope to keep her forever.

So glad you're bidding on this one, Karl. Best wishes.

With three days left, the car's at $5,700. Anyone here still bidding? Can't imagine it'll go much higher, but who knows?

So those "CD30s" look much larger than the normal versions I see.

Did they make a 14" version? Heck or even 15". They look big.

Of course Cromodora/Abarth didn't, but maybe someone made a larger alloy styled like that? Sort of like the modern 18" Fuchs style wheels for 911s.

So those "CD30s" look much larger than the normal versions I see.

Did they make a 14" version? Heck or even 15". They look big.

Of course Cromodora/Abarth didn't, but maybe someone made a larger alloy styled like that? Sort of like the modern 18" Fuchs style wheels for 911s.

Know what you mean, similar to the CD66-style wheels we're now seeing from Sportiva in 15 inches. I haven't seen any CD30s modernized like that before, maybe an optical illusion.

I am out on this auction with the way things are right now with half pay and no end in sight, buying another car sadly isn’t in the cards for me right now.

Know what you mean, similar to the CD66-style wheels we're now seeing from Sportiva in 15 inches. I haven't seen any CD30s modernized like that before, maybe an optical illusion.
To me they also look larger diameter, slimmer spoke. The rim is far away from the caliper, on mine they are close to touching

Back