HISTORICAL FIAT BIOGRAPHY INFORMATION REQUESTED - FAZA PBS COSENTINO ADAMS

Discussion in 'Discussion Forum' started by Frank L. Di Gioia, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Frank L. Di Gioia

Frank L. Di Gioia True Classic

2. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

As I began reading the post I was going to mention Clark's son (Tom) is a really nice guy and would love to participate...then as I continued reading I see he is already in the loop. I know he has a lot of stuff from both of the pricincle people involved. Is Fiona Tom's sister (Clark's daughter)? I met the sister when I visited Tom a couple years ago but did not catch her name.

Frank L. Di Gioia likes this.
  3. Frank L. Di Gioia

Hi Jeff, I don't know if Fiona is Tom's sister. I'll be going there soon and will know shortly.

4. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

Frank, are you involved in the book's development? I don't know who Rory is, so not sure if there is a connection.

5. Frank L. Di Gioia

I've been asked to possibly participate in some manner. I'll know more next week after I visit. At this point in time I'm just trying to support what looks like a good cause.

Dr.Jeff likes this.
  6. Dr.Jeff

Dr.Jeff True Classic

Sounds like an interesting project. I have the impression you are good at digging up historical information; like finding the entire background on the PBS engine, and the family ties to the rare vintage BMW. Hopefully this project is something you'd enjoy doing. ;)

7. bruakeman

bruakeman True Classic

Should be a great read when done, I look forward to it. I've got parts from both of them on my 850. The PBS built 124B/1600/128 shortblock is still running strong.

8. RJ80

RJ80 True Classic

Hi all, I'm the Rory referenced and an active member here with my Scorpion refurbishment. Fiona is Tom's partner, essentially his wife. She has been instrumental in nursing Tom back to health and also helping Fumiko with her various challenges. Tom and Fiona are both wonderful people who are just trying to keep a little Fiat and Abarth history alive, as am I. Feel free to PM with any questions, etc.

9. AndyS

AndyS True Classic

I had some very good experiences with Paul and Clark from PBS, and wouldn't have been able to build both my Abarths back in the day without them. was sad to hear they had both passed, especially Clark as it was not from old age. I had multiple interactions with Cosentino over the years as well (as a Fiat and Abarth owner, how could i not?) Have to say, the time I had dealings with him in the early 1990's were not that great of an experience. he misrepresented parts he sold me badly multiple times, and was very hard to deal with on the phone. I did get some hard to obtain parts from him no one else had, so I put up with him. he also required you to send cash in an envelope ahead of the purchase, so you had little recourse when he ripped you off. Road and Track did an article about him a few years ago, and it jived with much of what i heard about him second hand and from my personal experiences with him. https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...of-faza-the-worlds-most-bizarre-abarth-tuner/

10. frosty

frosty Low Mileage

PICT0002B.JPG
    One of FAZAs cars in a Australian Museum

11. GregS

GregS ProjectX

That is the one and only original Abarth X1/9 Stradale, beautifully restored. Privately owned and photographed at a car show. I believe it will be featured in a magazine article and a video before too long.

12. frosty

frosty Low Mileage

Sorry !
    Just not being use to having car shows in the dry in the UK . Were you also at the show ? . If so did you see anything to back up that it was on Cosentino list of ownership .

13. GregS

GregS ProjectX

No, I didn't get to the show in Melbourne, but it's been extensively written about. This is the red Abarth seen on a FAZA catalogue front page, Al had it repainted from it's original yellow. There is an old photo in it's original colour in Italy. And a pic of the info sheet from the show. 72128278_10158383043459714_4840253363192856576_n.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  14. Jefco

Jefco Daily Driver

So would it be worth more if it had been "conserved" instead of "restored", having only 1000km?

15. GregS

GregS ProjectX

Good question. I don't know what state it was in, depends how it was stored I guess. But it has now been returned to it's original Abarth colour from the red that FAZA painted it.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020