Hood Pins for Engine Cover

I'm at a loss, what is a "Singer"?
Singer is a custom Porsche house in So. Cal building backdated 911's. They only do last gen Oil-cooled cars, but the builds use carbon fibre body panels and "Old style" lighting. The interiors are (mostly) simple but equally insane. The engines are built to order and are magnitudes beefier than stock. Everything is hand made, in house. The build spec process takes the builder and client about a year for each car. They used to be in the $400K range. Now they are north of $1m and the waiting list is years. They are so custom, the cars get individual names of the cities they are being shipped to. The Porsche factory tried to copy them by doing a hyper expensive retro build. They only managed one so far. Look Singer up, their cars will stun you. Leno has featured them on his show I think...
My X wants to be a Singer when it grows up.

download.jpg
download-1.jpg

Singer, is a Porsche customizer that takes older Porsche and customize them mostly like outlaws. With all Porsche components

Singer is a custom Porsche house in So. Cal building backdated 911's. They only do last gen Oil-cooled cars, but the builds use carbon fibre body panels and "Old style" lighting. The interiors are (mostly) simple but equally insane. The engines are built to order and are magnitudes beefier than stock. Everything is hand made, in house. The build spec process takes the builder and client about a year for each car. They used to be in the $400K range. Now they are north of $1m and the waiting list is years. They are so custom, the cars get individual names of the cities they are being shipped to. The Porsche factory tried to copy them by doing a hyper expensive retro build. They only managed one so far. Look Singer up, their cars will stun you. Leno has featured them on his show I think...
My X wants to be a Singer when it grows up.

View attachment 56114View attachment 56115
You beat me to it. And with photos no less

Thanks gents. I thought for a moment there was an X customizer that I was not aware of. Sounds like a newer iteration of the Outlaw 356s.

Thanks gents. I thought for a moment there was an X customizer that I was not aware of. Sounds like a newer iteration of the Outlaw 356s.
"Sounds like a newer iteration of the Outlaw 356s."
In a way, but the Emory 356's are not nearly as refined and are a bit more "race" style. While Singer's are very top-end and more "luxury" by comparison (that's not the right word, but I can't think of a better one). The fit and finish on Singer's car is show level.

My brother in law has a Jag XKE in his garage...it hasn't run in thirty or so years but he did build a 2x4 frame over it so he could store boxes of crap over it. Maybe you need to build a "cage" over your car!

To continue this off topic discussion....several years ago a buddy of mine offered me a spare fairing from one of his motorcycles. So we went into his garage to retrieve it from the rafters. As he pulled it down, a spare piece of plumbing pipe rolled off and landed directly on the center of his Porsche Turbo hood - parked under the rafters. Although it was all his own doing I felt really bad because he was doing it for me. :eek:

Back