How many miles did you drive your 850 in 2019? / 2020!

Thanks for sharing, it brought back memories of a 1970 850 Coupe I owned, same color as yours. Seeing pictures of your car on the road in Oregon particularly reminds me of a solo trip that I took in the coupe driving from San Diego to Pendleton Oregon. I drove almost non stop, but had no issues, and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Mine was rolled out of the garage once and then back in.

Didn’t drive it at all sadly. Here’s hoping for a new start in the new year.

I need to take the time to rebuild the front end with new kingpins and rubber bits. It is all OE from 1968 from when it was built. It is worn out.

Last year I had no hillclimbs thanks to Covid but I did manage two track sessions. No idea how many miles but on both occasions I drove the car back onto the trailer. So that's a win!
Pheasant Wood 2.jpg

I drove about 500 miles in 2019 and about half that in 2020. Even though the floor is rusted through, the engine and rest of the body are sound. I use it as a daily driver for my 12 mile/day commute and errands in nice weather.

IMG_4694.jpg

First post and respect for all the knowledge shared here by the fellow Fiatistis. 2019 was a good year for La Bomba Rossa (Little Red Bomb, 1971) with more than 1200 miles extra on the odometer, but in 2020 she sat in trapped in my garage since I was not allowed to drive my classic cars during the months of lockdown. Thankfully we were back on the road here in Europe with a 300-mile round trip last week and more to come.

IMG_4928.JPG

IMG_4930.JPG

Which wheels are on it? Looks great!
In all honesty, for years, I had no clue, and I spend countless hours googling vintage Italian rims. The former owner found them on a series one and put them in 2008 under my car. Until I saw a picture of a French Simca 1200S designed by Bertone! So it seems that they are aftermarket rims, primarily used in France with interchangeable wheel caps.

IMG_0071.JPG
simca-1200-s-coupe-by-bertone-1971-513401.jpeg

Last edited:
Back