I stumbled on a Lancia Beta for sale (not mine)

No I have not driven the 500e, but have driven the pop, sport and Abarth. The Abarth was much fun, except difficult egress in the back for our dog. The dash gauges are horrific. Would you all lay praise on a Nissan Leaf if it had a FIAT badge?
See if you can get to drive one at some point. You may change your mind. We've had one for 4 years and it is night and day compared with the gas powered version my mother-in-law drives. It has few weak points, but main battery degradation, like in the Leaf, is not one of them. It's really a Bosch in Fiat clothing.

No I have not driven the 500e, but have driven the pop, sport and Abarth. The Abarth was much fun, except difficult egress in the back for our dog. The dash gauges are horrific. Would you all lay praise on a Nissan Leaf if it had a FIAT badge?

BTW I recall Sergio was an accountant, not a banker (a distinction without a difference).
Hey! My LEAF has certain charming traits. It's definitely built better than the wife's QUEST.

This is ours (on left) next to an Abarth. Lower and faster with better weight balance. More like 105 mile range... Had it since new (2015), 72,000 miles on it now..

The Beta coupe is a find I think, they don't show up very often. Anyone buying an old Fiat/Lancia as 'an investment ' has never had one before. That's certainly not a reason to not buy one though!😁

Attachments

• IMG_20150309_175119_443.jpg
    IMG_20150309_175119_443.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20151107_120106_976.jpg
    IMG_20151107_120106_976.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 11
The Beta coupe is a find I think, they don't show up very often. Anyone buying an old Fiat/Lancia as 'an investment ' has never had one before. That's certainly not a reason to not buy one though!😁
Folks ran from Lancia Betas screaming back when they were just a few years old. Except for nut jobs. I looked at buying several back then. Maybe 500e for the current generation of nut jobs. :cool:

This sounds like you have never driven one. If you are out in Denver, come drive mine. It's astounding and will greatly alter your opinion of this tiny city car. And it is bone stock.

I have loved the two 500e that I've driven. The first one shocked me how good it was. The second one I was seriously considering buying for a city runabout.

Both had the white and orange interior. I LOVE that interior. So good.

BTW I recall Sergio was an accountant, not a banker (a distinction without a difference).

I had a 500e and LOVED it. You guys need to lay off Marchionne. He brought us the Abarth 500 which is one of the funnest cars I've owned. He's also the man that brought me this:

1712029080982.png

A Ferrari sedan wrapped in an Alfa Romeo body. Glorious. Accountant or not, he was making the right moves with Alfa Romeo. I miss the man.

I wish I could have gotten a manual! If so, I'd own one now!

The steering in that Giulia QV is telepathic. It's SO good. I drove one in 2017 when they first came out (Road and Track test car).

I tried to get a pic with it and my Milano Verde (at the time the last RWD Alfa sedan) but it got dark. :(

Back