Interesting....... (new parts arrived)

Oh ... is that where the rest stop is on 70?

Perhaps I do "go" there every year. Maybe that's how the Yellow Springs got there name? :nana:

...Jim, you pass it every time you come to visit us. I-70, west of Columbus.

BLUE SPRING Helpers...

Look what I found stumbling around in Best Of...

Alex used these on his race car... I didn't research price or availability, but looks to be another alternative!

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]*** IMPORTANT *** SPRING HELPERS[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]June 27 2007 at 7:36 AM[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
1153795901.GIF
[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Alex (SoCal) [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Response to spring chopping/lowering X1/9[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Apparently some people have had problems with their spring unseating and that can happen if the spring is not longer long enough to keep everything tensioned. This is usually the case with coil-overs.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]The solution is to use a spring helper or spring tender which is a light spring that compresses to nothing in normal operation but keeps everything tight when you lift the wheel.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]A spring helper is a light, maybe 10# spring, and a spring tender is maybe a 100# spring.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]see http://e30m3performance.com/tech_articles/susp-tech/springs/index.htm for a discussion of spring helpers and spring tenders[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]I use the Eibach ones on my car.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
eib_helper.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Helper[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]
eib_tender.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]Tender[/FONT]

Last edited:
I know Yellow Springs

Used to work for YSI for their UK subsidiary. Visited about 3 years back - stayed in the Hilton in Dayton.
There's a great ribs franchise nearby - Ernie & Mable's I think.

YELLOW, BLUE, RED & BLACK

These are actually Spider springs, but we ordered just as many for X1/9. Color? Your choice.

124SPRINGS.jpg

Back