Is this crank position sensor bracket original?

Dr Jeffs post is precisely why I was hoping I could just find a “wheel to go” solution not from a laziness point of view but due to a long “to do” list!☺️
Unless you find something like the Electromotive unit (above) or Apple Motors part (I think that was the name) specifically custom made for the X application, then some mods will be required no matter what wheel you select. However those bespoke units have not been in production for a long time and finding one will be very difficult.

I might not have been clear earlier. The AC equipped X has a smaller diameter and different design pulley than the non-AC version. That was why I used the other Ford wheel on my AC equipped build; it was a closer fit but required more fabrication than a non-AC pulley. However if you are using the non-AC X pulley then the Ford wheel shown by @davejake (and others) is a better fit and requires less fabrication.

Unless you find something like the Electromotive unit (above) or Apple Motors part (I think that was the name) specifically custom made for the X application, then some mods will be required no matter what wheel you select. However those bespoke units have not been in production for a long time and finding one will be very difficult.

I might not have been clear earlier. The AC equipped X has a smaller diameter and different design pulley than the non-AC version. That was why I used the other Ford wheel on my AC equipped build; it was a closer fit but required more fabrication than a non-AC pulley. However if you are using the non-AC X pulley then the Ford wheel shown by @davejake (and others) is a better fit and requires less fabrication.
Yes I learnt that from your thread! I was unaware that the earlier US 1500 (carb I suspect) used a single v pulley for a/c equipped cars, I see that now. The a/c equipped cars v-belt layout, either version is very convoluted and something I’m trying to avoid actually but that’s another threads topic☺️

Yes I learnt that from your thread! I was unaware that the earlier US 1500 (carb I suspect) used a single v pulley for a/c equipped cars, I see that now. The a/c equipped cars v-belt layout, either version is very convoluted and something I’m trying to avoid actually but that’s another threads topic☺️
Yes that particular example was a '79 US 1500 carb engine with factory AC. I agree, the AC belt arrangements are not ideal. I did considerable modifications just to be able to get belts to fit and function correctly. There's actually a couple different AC drive belt configurations. And if I'm not mistaken there is more than one style of AC front pulley as a result. Therefore the one in my example may be different than some others. But there were not many AC equipped X's from the factory (relative to non-AC) so most will be the larger non-AC style pulley. Although the AC pulley could be used as a "power pulley" (smaller drive diameter) in a non-AC engine. And as a side note I found that a 850 front pulley fits the X crank, has the same smaller diameter as the AC pulley, and has only one V-belt groove. So it might(?) be a simpler option if someone wanted a small diameter, lighter weight pulley for a race application.

Back