Isn't this...

PaulieNoodlesX19

Login/Read: Yes - Post/PM: No
just a beautiful treatment? Found it via Pottsy's X19 Owner's Club link (haven't visited that in a long time!)...

August 2006

[SIZE=+1]Submitted by:Jacqui Urquhart[/SIZE]

08_big1.jpg

08_big2.jpg

08_big4.jpg

08_big3.jpg

Interesting car. The body work looks great for the exception of the Front Hood. I dig the color.. Reminds me of a starburst...:hmm:

Hmmm....

Not to my taste, especially wheels and interior.

In my opinion, the X reached perfection with the 77 - 78 Special Series (in metallic green) and went downhill after that. Then there are all of these body kits, which are o.k if they are period and purpose built (e.g. Dallara) but not after market conversions on cars which are quickly becoming classics.

If everybody keeps putting body kits on Xs, there will be very few unmolested ones remaining. Which is probably good news for us lucky enough to own a completely original car.

But that is just my opinion... :wink2:

Dom.

True...but...

...I personally think those stock wheels from the early-mid-late 1970's were just plain and ugly. Again, that is just a personal opinion. The only steel wheels that had any style whatsoever were the 1979 rims, with the stainless trim rings.
To me, the coolest thing about X's is that they are all different, and easy to personalize. They each have their own personality. Not too many other models of cars out there can have so much individuality, and still retain charm. I never understood why they spent so much time designing the beautiful lines of the body, and just threw some plain steel wheels on the car. Don't care much for the early dashes, either. Mainly because of the awkward radio placement, I think. I am not much into the body kits...but I am certain that there are many X's out there with kits on them that would have been thrown away because of how the body looked underneath the new panels.
So...I guess that is what is so great about these cars. Everyone can have them just the way they want them, stock or modified.

Last edited:
I don't think the interior

is as nice as the exterior, but these cars are always ongoing projects. I have two projects of my own. :)

I think it looks very sporty. I would take one in black!!

Not to my taste, especially wheels and interior.

In my opinion, the X reached perfection with the 77 - 78 Special Series (in metallic green) and went downhill after that. Then there are all of these body kits, which are o.k if they are period and purpose built (e.g. Dallara) but not after market conversions on cars which are quickly becoming classics.

If everybody keeps putting body kits on Xs, there will be very few unmolested ones remaining. Which is probably good news for us lucky enough to own a completely original car.

But that is just my opinion... :wink2:

Dom.

:nod: My first car was a 1978 Green metalic speciale.
I've allways compaird others X's to my X and the Metalic Green speciale wins 99% :woot:

It was allready "modified" when I bought it. It was lower to the ground than original and it had "lowprofile" goldrims.
She was a beauty :heart: And in eyes she made other X's look strange.

On the other hand. I do like the red widebody version here, but its not Green and its too wide :laugh:

My car came back last week

I had the front moulded based on a photo of this very car. I think it's one of the cleanest front ends I've seen and when the kit that I bought didn't line up with the front body of the car, I had no hesitation in paying the extra money to have it crafted like this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/topcatrules/

Have a look if you like, car's only part done.

agreed -sorta- but

Who can argue when they see cars like the $10k black Dallara replica bouncing around here or the crazy Israeli Dallara, or a couple of the Abarths, hell I have even eyed those Boig/PF rear panels more than once over the years. I used to share the purist belief on these cars but eventually my opinion changed to just say that as many as are kept on the road as possible -in whatever form- the better. A lot of these cars will simply "go back to the earth" whether stock or mod, so in my 2c, just keeping one on the road in any form is best for us all in the long run... I still advocate any car that is clean and original or relatively easily brought back should not be modded out but there are so many panel-rust victims out there that could be roadworthy again with a Dallara kit on etc, over the years, I have adopted the mantra "theres no wrong way to eat a reeses" instead. To each their own as long as we are all trying to preserve them (their existence at all) on the road in whatever form...

PS I like the example car, the orange reminds me of my '75, on massive steroids though... :hypno:

Yellow!

The car's always been yellow and for alot of sentimental reasons I'm sticking with it.

I think that bright colours bring out the shape and lines of the car alot more, as well as still being able to be seen at night.

Not only that, I think only about 2% of cars on the road are yellow, so you can't get too much more unique than driving a 30 y/o Italian Sports car, with an uncommon colour.

Anyway, so far these are the best Yellows (To my taste) that I've found so far. I don't want the car to look retro, but just nice and modern. So trying to avoid any chrome paints, and want to brighten the car up from the creamy yellow it's always had.

Let me know what you think?

http://www.carsales.com.au/Tig/UI/P...&f_mid=&c_mid=4414491&pid=140973&tabID=304744

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/2500382341_c8dcf5014a.jpg

I thought the color to be similar to your '75, as well

Also similar to what I think ended up being my favorite color on the Nissan 350Z.

Regards

yep

It is a rather darker shade (my '75's "sunset orange" is lighter) but I just love anything orange on Xs.. biased I guess ;)

Your 75 was all orange?

Wow.....I guess I never heard the story of why it looked like this when I went for Mac's Wild Ride.

J1st2k-09.jpg

by the way, for those who do not know, that is me and Ulix in the front trunk, Brian (who I got the Scorpion I traded to Warren for his BlueX) and Gregory "Budgetzagato" Smith (from his green 850 days) jumping in the rear trunk. Mac is driving and I have no clue who is in the passenger seat.

Now THAT'S a shot!

Haven't seen that one before... You guys in the front look a bit worried of what's ahead... :laugh: Love the photo. Thanks for sharing!

augh ahahaha

:shock2:

Infamous SeaX-meets-FEN gig Y2K (search N54 archive for many recountings of the whole backstory)

Thank God I've had a shave and a haircut, I look like a damn hippie right there...

And yeah my '75 *WAS* all orange (was... before that ! :rolleyes: ;))

my1300x2.jpg
75biig.jpg

ps passenger

forgot to say the inside passenger in the pic is one of the ladies who came with the FEN group iirc, I don't think I had ever met before or since, she was standing around the twincams, and out of nowhere just cut loose ran up and jumped in seconds before I was launching off for another round of sliding sideways/backward donuts... I am still not sure how all you guys held on, I was all over the place myself with just the lap belt... yeah that was quite an interesting gig... :hmm: :laugh:

Mac, that was one of the best get togethers we had

in the 3 plus years I was there. Huge gathering. Ulix, Alisoun, Steve Ambrose, and me in our X's along with a spider and a VW caravaning down the highway to your place. Picking grass from your yard out of my teeth after Ulix gunned his twin carbed monster, the $500 Yugo, the first X sold in Washington, a bunch of Scorpions, man, it was fun.

J1st2k-01.jpg

J1st2k-12.jpg

Back