Isn't this...

the gig that will live in infamy

damn laughing so hard I am crying over here :laugh:

It was one of the better gigs we had from the early days, for sure, if it wasn't me doing powersliding roostertails in back it was Ulix taking someone for the fastest hairpin of their lives around a canal-side backroad in his screamin yellow '74, at top rpm, or some random person flogging that white Yugo up and down the street like maniacs, there were people doing a full 1500 X timing belt job in one garage, socializing in another, "I didnt even have to use my AK" it was a good day :cool: ;)

offramp.gif

...Sorry, Brad! :whistle:

[EDIT: Holy cow I just spotted Tino Fortunato Sr in that panorama shot (a few feet to my right -I am at extreme left carrying the water bottle, he is the short Italian fellow in the oversize white t shirt), -If you guys like Xweb you should shake Tino's hand if you ever happen to meet, he is the guy who sold me my '75 -my first X- back in the early 90s, the event which later led to SeattleX1/9's creation and the existence of this website. Come to think of it that was his Alfa of the week cut off in the image, these shots do not even include all the cars as the front drive was also full most of the day, crazy stuff, thanks for the memories Carl]

Yes, that was awesome! :)

That was a great get-together!
Hanging on in the front trunk was hard!
No padding and no Oh-shi t-handles up front there! :)
It seemed like Mac was trying to shake us off. :)

The meet was great, much less PC than most car get-together, I got to test drive two modified FI Xes, let some people take my car for a spin, others were flogging a Yugo that Mac had borrowed "for a test drive" from a nearby dealership (IIRC)! :)
Grass-donuts in the yard - I love it!
Woohoo.

I like that yellow on the Spider

looks close to what I used to have on my old '86 X.

Looking at Mac's '75 X, that is lighter than the X that started this thread, which may be closer to the light orange (I'll have to find a pic now) that looks so sweet on a 350Z...

5787_12.JPG
Please wait
Image not available

Regards

Back