Knock-Off wheels?

There used to be a wheel brand that was center lock but they came with a hub adapter. Basically you bolt the adapter to your existing hub and then the wheel attaches via its center lock. They kind of looked cool back in the days of DTM exhaust tips and single wiper conversions, but they were HEAVY! In the end, those wheels weren't popular. I can't remember the name of them.

I wouldn't bother at all.

Didn't all the Siata Springs come with wire wheels? They were probably bolt on rather than center knockoff.

I wanted the classic knockoff spinner look on my modern 124 spider so I adapted Fiat 600 hubcap spinners to the center caps. Came out AOK
IMG_20220321_101413813.jpg

Last edited:
I had a set I likes that covered the bolts completely.
Avanti.jpg

Horrible pic, but it's the best I can find right now. I like the clean look of the bolts being covered, especially the rims with the extra bolt holes to fit different patterns. They were not on an X BTW.

advanti.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is the center cap I had. What is missing is a center with maybe a 3/4" "stud" a blur collar would cover that center then a large black nut and a cotter pin. It gave the effect of the wheel being held on by the one center nut.

Back