And if you want a louder clicker use a ford starter relay. Thinking about doing that in the tow truck (no click and the dash indicators are very dim)

Sounds like you have a wire wire running to ground or a bulb that should be in a single socket actually in a double socket. I would go around and remove a bulb at a time to see if the behavior changes as you take a bulb out of the circuit. Any chance of a past rewiring that may have put a wire from the parking circuit into the signal circuit?

Clearly there is something going on either in the wiring or in a bulb that is circumventing the way the flasher is supposed to work.

Yeah, I will have to do that. I was beginning to wonder if I had a wrong bulb installed.
Sounds like you have a wire wire running to ground or a bulb that should be in a single socket actually in a double socket. I would go around and remove a bulb at a time to see if the behavior changes as you take a bulb out of the circuit. Any chance of a past rewiring that may have put a wire from the parking circuit into the signal circuit?

Clearly there is something going on either in the wiring or in a bulb that is circumventing the way the flasher is supposed to work.

Back