looking for front bumperless advice

Discussion in 'Workshop Forum' started by autox19, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Mark

Mark FIATFREAK

Are you ok?

2. Bertsl

Bertsl I survived!

I have a broken shoulder, fractured scapula, and possible fractured elbow. Other than that? Fit as an old fiddle. Thank you for asking.

3. JimD

JimD Waiting for Godot... Moderator

Bertsl,

Broken bones? Are you okay? Shame about the X, how are you doing?

4. kmead

kmead Old enough to know better

Sheeit that hurts. So very sorry for that. That must have really hurt. Wow. Good thing it is a solid old car, had it been my 124 Coupe it would not have gone so well. Wow.

I hope your convalescence goes smoothly.

There is a really nice X for sale on BAT right now. No time like the present to get back into the saddle.

5. autox19

autox19 True Classic

OUCH!!!!! now maybe I should put a crash bar all around the car, or bumper tubes like bumper cars!

hope everyone was ok

Odie

6. Bertsl

Bertsl I survived!

My backup is this...

why buy one when two might be better in the future.
    upload_2019-7-23_13-54-45.png

all kidding aside though, I'm lucky to be alive. The other car was going 45+ and slammed into me not touching the brake. they bent my 9 in the middle. I had upgraded the red one so now my good friend Andy Phillips and i will do an engine swap and take the new parts off the red one and upgrade the blue one. After I'm able to lift more than a piece of paper that is. From what I've been told, late this year and early next year. Between me, Andy, and Vick auto i should be driving a 9 again next spring. Thank you all for your support.

NEG, kmead and lookforjoe like this.
  7. JimD

JimD Waiting for Godot... Moderator

Good luck is way better than bad luck. I had my 85 painted bright orange to help it stand out, but if bright red didn't help you be seen..... well sh1t. :( I hope your recovery goes smoothly Bertsl.

8. Rod Midkiff

Rod Midkiff True Classic

a few comments.

?? why did you have to go out and one-up my bumper delete crash post. I would have been happier being the only one!!

seriously

glad you are still alive.. many modern car's with a hit like that and the people in the car would be jello. that car did %110 for you!!

still, suck's to lose a nice car and be banged up.

and it does not suck that you are still here to talk about it!!

autox19 likes this.
  9. Jefco

Jefco Daily Driver

Wow, side whiplash much?
    Glad you're well enough to share with us!