Low mileage X for sale

jrt,
Thanks for the comments on the car. I have only seen it through a face time chat. Very 2 dimensional and certainly cannot hear things like the motor or door latching.
Dino

Cloth.
I see you are in CT. I am over in Bethel. I will sent you a note when it gets here. I suspect it will be in Early March.

Cloth.
I see you are in CT. I am over in Bethel. I will sent you a note when it gets here. I suspect it will be in Early March.
Funny I lived in Bethel as a child. 10 Reservoir St. Not far from the old Grassy Plain Elementary. Also lived in Wilton, Oxford and Monroe at different times. My family is from the Stamford/Wilton/Norwalk area.

Do you know Tim Beeble who also lives in Bethel from FCA?

Tim is a friend of mine. I am the CT chapter prez for the Alfa Club. We are working on some joint club activities.
I moved up here from Fairfield about 10 years ago. I have another friend who lives on Reservoir. The last name is Ciambriello. They have lived there for a couple of generations now.

Hey! That’s exactly my car!

My car is an ‘87 because of the door trim but the ID plate says 11/86. Don’t know.

We here in the USA are used to the minute characteristics of car model years being pretty much set in stone, but for low production, obscure/exotic imports from Italian coachbuilding houses, that's a pretty big ask. The VIN is the VIN and the production date is the production date, but there is the variable of exactly how each state decided to title each car as the paperwork came across the DMV clerk's desk.

And the rumor occasional heard about cars being re-id-plated on the boatride over because they were sitting so long at the factory after manufacture. Henk's book "La Storia" has the picture below showing row after row of late model exxies under netting....maybe that's the batch that sat so long they "expired" so to speak?

pviuEf.jpg

The car arrived today. 4 days from Texas. It looks great and will be even better once the road grime from the open car carrier trip is washed back off.

I just realized that the car in question is almost an exact copy, right down to the led aux lights used under the bumper. Ha, small world.

P.S. those little led lights are extremely bright. If the headlights were to fail, I can use them as backup headlights!

FYI

1986 Bertone X1/9 FI 21k

Post by atruscott » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:32 pm

Hey All -

Currently resting up in Tinkerer’s Garage is a ‘86 X1/9 by Bertone. With 21k miles(!!), this car drives really nicely. Plenty of power from the FI motor.

Owners wishes to see 9500$ for it. Located in Houston.

Ping me if you’re interested.

Andy
View attachment 28866 View attachment 28867 View attachment 28865

Attachments

• 87A6A790-F441-4030-B15B-D108710BCD24.jpeg
    87A6A790-F441-4030-B15B-D108710BCD24.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 24
Back