Making of a 308 interior

Very kind of you to mention Hussein. This year has been crazy for sure. So glad we had my mother move in with us given how the virus has been taking out so many older folks in the long term care facilities. Sadly the dash is still sitting under a mound of "stuff" from my mother-in-law in our garage. It's still on the list - but..... I'm interested to see how your take on a remodeled dash is going to look. Of course you had a detour with your off-roading experience. Glad to see that you were hard at work getting it back into shape.

Glad to hear everyone is doing as well as can be expected. I look forward to when you are able to continue with the dash work. Mine isn't happening now - I need to do the foam & fiberglass work outside, don't want to do it in the same space the car lives in & can't afford the exposure to the chemicals even with a respirator. I have been thinking about the overall process - I may chop up the spare dash I have to use as a 'skeleton' to play around with.

Here's an interesting idea for X1/9 owners who have tired of their boring dashboards and want something even more exotic: try to make it look like a Lamborghini Miura dash!
1971-lamborghini-miura-sv-4.jpg

Idea would be to replace the dash and the instrument cluster, extend the center console (heater controls etc) up to the level of the dash. Move the defrost left and right to small useless ducts that work worse than stock. Gotta add the "oh-****" grip for the passenger.

It's on my "mod list" but waaaaaay down on the bottom of the list. It'd be cool tho.

Fun to dream for sure...

Just re-reading this thread (trying to figure out what type of epoxy I bought for this - since I need it now for the wood panels if it's clear) - may as well ask if there are any updates? As always, I hope life is treating you & family OK.

Just re-reading this thread (trying to figure out what type of epoxy I bought for this - since I need it now for the wood panels if it's clear) - may as well ask if there are any updates? As always, I hope life is treating you & family OK.
Hey Hussein, the fiat still sits in my garage and I seem to always be on another project. This time I am making a tiny house on wheels based on a 2006 Ford LCF truck (42k miles). The rooftop tent worked so well we are planning on something larger. I plan on travelling Canada and working from various places throughout the year for a few months at a time. I do plan on pulling the X19 behind it though so the dash project is still around - just not current.
LCF.jpg

Back