Midwest-Bayless - FAZA Flares Now Available

hi Mike,do you actually own this snorkel?

quote=olerascal;183323]Perhaps I missed something...
canon064_zpsdffa39f4.jpg
[/quote]

Hi Greg, JJ, Matt , Tim and everyone else.Like Matt and JJ says making fiberglass moulds is a labor intensive job, and for this you need to find someone who knows fiberglass and one who really knows.This fiberglass experts will do it but for the right amount of money $$.And like Matt says,after you spend the money almost no one wants them. I tried in the past to have moulds made from all my original Faza parts(yes I bought them directly from Cosentino back in 1996 I believe) and just the cost of the molds set me back to rethink about doing them.The trickiest one is the Faza snorkel like Matt says.
When I bought my Faza fiberglass back then I originally ordered a matching set like the on the baby Blue X and JJ`s car.To my surprise Cosentino sent me the rear Stradale flares. I called him immediately and he told me he thought I would liked them better.But I told him they didn't match and asked him to sent me either the original matching front for the stradale or the other Prototipo matching rears.He told then he wasn't manufacturing the front stradale anymore cause molds went bad and it was too much $$ just for me so he told me to wait for couple weeks in order to sent me the matching prototipo rears.I believe I got the last set of almost everything I asked for. He even told me to keep the rear stradale ones which I later sold and regret doing so.Seems by this time he wasn't really selling lots of fiberglass.
I have never seen a street X with the Stradale front flares,not even in pics!!! and I have google it a lot.Just Al cars come up.Have someone here seeing one?
But yes I think it would be nicer (business speaking) for Matt to offer a full set of matching flares(fr and re). Either the Stradale or the Faza prototipo ones. I think if he does it he`ll probably sell more of them a yr.
So any Stradale front ones out there???>.............

Albert are you referring to the flares on my car when you say Stradale fronts?

What I want is to build a car that looks exactly like the Two tone yellow red one here...:eyepop:

And I will sell my FAZA car to make that happen:)

Notice that the right front fender is a bit mangled so even if I give it to Matt or anyone to make a mold it will be labor intensive...

Nope,...your car and mine same as Bobs baby blue one have the Faza "street version" of the prototipo ones sans the oil cooler boxes on the sides of the rear flares.This was a mild street version setup made by Al from the original factory wider competition ones.This made more sense for Al,commercially speaking, as it didn't required really wider competition wheels and tires $$ to fill the flares making it more accessible $$ and feasible for the average Joe to buy and fit.Same with the Faza snorkel version compared to the original competition ones,easier to manage and cheaper to reproduce and fit than having to replace the whole rear trunk/engine lid area $$.
The Stradale flares are the rear ones on Tim Hoovers car,same as the ones Matt sells, and that we have only seen with matching fronts on Als car in his book pics.
What Matt would like to have is the matching front Stradale ones that no one can find or have ever seen on a car like I mentioned.This way he would have a full Stradale matching set.
Or he can also take our rear Faza Prototipo flares to make moulds in order to match them to the front ones he already sells.Thats why I suggested that he can probably sell more sets if they were all matching sets.Not saying that they look bad combined together(just look at Tims car as it looks great with them!!!),but it would make more sense from a selling point of view.
Hope this clarifies everything!!!:)
JJ,..are you using one of the cars you just bought in CO to build the full Factory Prototipo replica?.......I remember chatting with you about your desired to build one.....

I think this flare kit and spoiler (minus the snorkel) rocks.

Stradale2-1.jpg

I went with the side scoop setup on a whim and (other than the functional aspect of more cool air) I would much rather go with the setup JJ has on the Cozentino car.

x_3-4_rear.jpg

the other option was to go with the Faza fronts and PBS rears:

IMG_5153.jpg

This would have been sweet. Matt didn't have the Faza flares at the time I was fitting the PBS ones...

Tim I have same Faza flares setup as JJ's and the snorkel is what gets everyones attention anywhere I show my car.....:king:
This past weekend car got me a first place in the Italian Car Fest here in Dallas.Car is a peoples magnet and the snorkel is what most people like about it!!:)

Tim I have same Faza flares setup as JJ's and the snorkel is what gets everyones attention anywhere I show my car.....:king:
This past weekend car got me a first place in the Italian Car Fest here in Dallas.Car is a peoples magnet and the snorkel is what most people like about it!!:)

Nice write up job Albert you're the flare man :king:
I'm confused though ... your front flares don't extend to the front dam unless you have a second set.
those are just like mine + the Stradale rears :nod:

Matt needs the front set with the rivet indent recesses.

I agree with Tim on those street version flares.
Best by far.
I'll find/get a set someday :wink2:

You can see those fronts here mismatched with the rear Stradale.

And the later Gen front flares that don't extend here mismatched again with the Stradale rears...what you/me gots Albert :)

My front ones were like yours Tim with the wrap around ends to the front spoiler.But I cutted them cause fitting was horrible and needed much work to correct them.Plus I had (and still plan) on some fitment ideas for those " hacked ends" but its a secret!!!....lol.

Yes Albert. Now that I have the propper Power plant set up:)

This is what I am building. I really like the Two tone set up but I want to with modern 3 peice `15s big brakes etc....

I just want the Flares and the rear deck and scoop. I will also need the front end to look like the Proto. Dont care about fiberglass hood or the other stuff. I plan on going plexi on all the windows and get one of those race windshields from Matt...

Super Cool!!...as I told you before I have no knowledge of a true full race fendered Prototipo replica in the states. Unless someone here have seen one!!!...if so tell us about it.
So in all the yrs of surfing the net and been here in the forum not even one have come up.....:)

Imagine one with HRE 3 peice wheels like my old Dallara had...:shock:

I also have an extra Dallara Wing. I think the STradale looks cool with the Dallara wing. Saw a guy in Europe with that set up and it was sharp.

In regards to the FAZA fenders. They are free if someone wants to make a mold. I just need a set for my car of course... Bueler? Bueler?
I will talk to Charlie about it but if Matt wants to try and make one he is welcome...

Keep it faithful if doing a real replica.Unless you want to do a resto-mod with newer mechanicals etc etc....:eyepop:

The snorkel has way way cool factor. Don't get me wrong. Its just my opinion. Now would I build a Prototipo tribute car WITHOUT the snorkel? No way! It is one of the things that makes that car really standout.

Congrats on your first place win BTW. Very cool...

The snorkel has way way cool factor. Don't get me wrong. Its just my opinion. Now would I build a Prototipo tribute car WITHOUT the snorkel? No way! It is one of the things that makes that car really standout.

Congrats on your first place win BTW. Very cool...

Thanks Jim!!

Nice one Greg...

This car would be unstoppable at shows and gatherings if it got the original colors. :nod:

Back