Midwest X1/9 Acquires Bayless Racing, Inc.

Congratulations!

Not only am I excited about the X1/9 parts, but I can't wait to see what surfaces for other makes and models!

Indeed

Thank you to the Bayless crew for your years/decades of service. You helped many of long forgotten Fiatisti keep their cars running and winning!

Ditto. Bought quite a few parts from Bayless over the years, including on ebay recently. A big thanks to everyone at Bayless!

Good to know their inventory will be made available to current and future Fiat owners.

///Mike

Wow,
Now I can buy my 850 stuff from Matt, since he has supported the X community for so long. Wait to see how "old" my customer number is with Bayless!!!!

Good to hear that things are progressing in the Fiat world...........

Enjoy the transition, and look forward to hearing from you soon, either by this forum, or the 850 forum........

Enjoy
Bob

So, Matt ...

How about an update for the curious among us?

How goes the big parts move up from Atlanta?

How's the new larger place working out for your shop?

Got any rare I-can't-believe-I-found-one-of-these Bayless parts stories yet?

... or, are you simply buried up to your nose in beloved NOS Strada parts?

Cheers - DM

Update

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the encouraging words and enthusiasm. We are just as excited.

The move from Atlanta is complete as of Friday the 10th, a couple of weeks ahead of schedule.

All inventory is in our new facility. (Eight 53' semis worth)

We will wait about a month to move out of our existing location,
(and disrupt the X1/9 biz yet again, [sorry everyone]) but that
will not be nearly as big of a deal.

There is a lot of amazing stuff, which has already started arriving
into the X1/9 on-line storefront.

Additional shopping venues for other models will be coming on line
over the next month. It will take through the end of the year to
get them fully populated but they will be operational with the more
interesting stuff landing first.

As for interesting items, how about:

- About 15 sets of period Alquati dual DCNF intakes brand new.
- Probably 1000 unique part numbers in good quantity of Weber parts
- A skid of Meaner Cleaners for nearly every conceivable Fiat-offered and hot aftermarket carb.
- An excellent assortment of badges, emblems, period stickers (Weber, Alquati, Abarth, etc.)
- Many many many carbs, including a few hard-to-find 34 D*TRS in good shape
- Many new Alquati cams, some that are asymmetric experimental grinds made specifically for Bayless that are not listed in any Alquati/Pittatore catalog
- Four skids of brand new very sharp aftermarket 14" and 15" wheels, landing in the storefront soon.
- Three skids of of period 13" wheels in very good condition (AR Spector, Libre, Shelby, Western, etc.
- Enough brand new Yugo parts to build 3 or 4 cars ground up from scratch (lol)
- Lots and lots and lots of 500/600/1500 Cabriolet/850 stuff (not yet inventoried)
- Lots and lots and lots of 124 items (not yet inventoried)
- Surprisingly not a lot of Strada stuff (relatively speaking!)

If you've read this far, the plan is that we will be having our open house in mid SEPTEMBER at the new digs. Stay tuned.

-Matt

Now how is this going to work?

Matt-
Once upon a time you were doing the X stuff and your peer was doing the 124 thing. Are you going to continue in this path with him getting all 124 stuff from Bayless or did you do the Bayless thing on your own and are now in competition with him?
Bruce

Once upon a time...

(bear with me on this...)

Apple Computer (tm) signed a contract with Apple Records (the Beatles label) that stated they would
never go into the music industry. A little short-sighted, don't you think? Today, the Computer
industry leads ALL media. (got an iPod or iPhone?) I'm not referring to just Apple. (tm)

Moral of the story: We ALL set our own limitations. The success and growth of Midwest
X1/9 will inevitably happen without them, (limitations) and I wish Matt all the best in his
new venture. (though I feel a great, deep hole in my pocket in the coming months! Ha!) :woot:

I can't wait to see the new stuff !

Looking forward to seeing some of these goodies go up on the website ! :shock2:

I still worry about the X-1/9's place in all this.

These sorts of things are volume-driven. I just desperately do not want to open the Midwest web site and see the absolute finest thing-a-ma-bob with a small note "Not available for the X-1/9". If I see that one more time at IAP, I will implode. Midwest has been sooooo satisfying that way.

Back