Midwest X1/9 Acquires Bayless Racing, Inc.

Friends,

It is with great enthusiasm that Art and Susan Bayless, and Matt and Marnie Brannon announce a transition of ownership for Bayless Racing, Inc (Bayless Fiat Lancia World).

Bayless Racing, Inc. of Marietta GA. has been acquired by Matt and Marnie Brannon, of Midwest X1/9 as of June 22, 2009.

Operations for Bayless and Midwest X1/9 have been combined into a new entity and both will transition to a new facility in Columbus Ohio over the next few weeks.

Customers of Midwest X1/9 will continue to order from existing on-line channels for the time being. Unfortunately, customer service may be affected in the short-term as we work to transfer inventory and materials from both locations to the new Columbus facility. We will work as diligently as possible to reply to phone and email inquiries, and to fulfill orders as quickly as possible during this period. We appreciate your patience with us during the next few weeks.

New and used parts, and service support for other vehicles and models beyond the X1/9 will be phased in over the remainder of the year with new, updated online storefronts.

Thank you all for your help and well-wishes during the last few months, we are very happy to move forward in this new endeavor.

-Matt and Marnie Brannon

Let me be the first to say

Congratulations!!
The business simply couldn't be in better hands.

Congratulations Matt and Marnie!!

I wish you great success with the new "bigger" business. Let me know when you need to open an IT department. ;)

Congratulations Matt and Marnie!

Best wishes to Susan and Art Bayless, thanks for all the help and parts, and for helping get my Spider back on the road; you helped save Sparky from the crusher! Good luck in all your future pursuits, and may God bless.

Matt and Marnie, I am rubbing my hands together in anticipation of seeing your parts inventory! Does this mean you have acquired the famous Fiat Heaven?:innocent:

Told You :eek:)

Bayless will rise from the ashes of its former life to fly proudly again.

I know Matt and Marnie are very busy starting after their celebration lunch today. So while I am sitting in the Charlotte airport with nothing else to do I will add a little to Matt's post above.

Matt, Marnie and others are as we speak in Atlanta packing the Bayless inventory for shipment to Columbus. They have a fine new facility big enough to house the new operations. Terrie and I toured Bayless extensively last year and I can tell you that the best thing that could happen to that inventory was to get it into Matt and Marnie's hands. The casche of Fiat gold there is mind blowing.

As I said earlier, this isn't just a benefit for the X comunity, its a great thing for all Fiat enthusiast as Midwest will now be expanding across the entire Fiat line.

CONGRATS to Matt and

Midwest X1/9!!! This is certainly a great day for us all!
PARTS MUST HAVE PARTS :excited::excited::excited:

Wow

If there is anyone who could take the what has to be a massive parts inventory that Bayless has and make it meaningfully and accessible at a fair price to the Fiat community, it is Matt.

Bayless was THE Fiat parts place for all models for a long time, there's no telling what will be showing up. This is going to be interesting!

Matt you've got my business, no question.

A very...

...pleasant turn of events... And I wish you great success in the future.

BTW... I still have a printed Bayless catalog from about 20 years ago... can I still use that price list?... :)

New Facility?

OK, I'll bite - Where?

Congrats are most certainly in order!

DM

P.S. - Does Jon L. play into this new venture somehow?

Last edited:
Right on! When ya picked up the X parts car, this topic was briefly discussed, but you were tight lipped (understandably). I've been eagerly waiting to hear the outcome. Good job!

Most excellent!

For many years I always got all my parts from Bayless because of their one-on-one service. More recently Midwest became the go-to place, and I had come to think of Midwest as the new "Bayless". The merging of resources is perfectly natural.

Very cool

Congrats and good luck with the expansion. Hope it won't take too much time off of your race schedule.

Let me know if you need a trained, in-house, staff product and race photographer. I know a good one who is dying to move out of Alaska....

Cone of silence...

...lifted!
Glad it all worked out.
Glad there are folks with guts, brains, and determination
to overcome obstacles.
To provide employment.
To carry the Fiat Flag into the future.

I couldn't see how it wouldn't,
since the old thoroughbred was eating oats,
but not winning any races.
Putting it out to stud and foaling a new winner
beats the heck out of turning it into dog food.

I suspect this is but one of many steps for the new colt.

Wow! Great news Matt!

I guess I will be dusting off my old Bayless catalog to remember what kind on goodies you will be adding to your inventory.

Glad to see you guys moving your business to the next level!

Paul

Back