More Midwest-Bayless pics... Dial up scare

bb4re

86X 22,000 miles
...pretty sure I got all of the cars. I apologize if I missed any, besides Deckers conversion van.
18.jpg
17.jpg
16.jpg
15.jpg
14.jpg
13.jpg
12.jpg
11.jpg
10.jpg
19.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
36.jpg
34.jpg
33.jpg
32.jpg
31.jpg
30.jpg
3.jpg
29.jpg
28.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
39.jpg
38.jpg
37.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

We had several States represented...Vermont, Connecticut, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio...at least!

No love for the BGV?

Hey Thomas... no love for the Big Green Van?

It was another great event. Thanks to everyone at MWB for the effort of putting it together. The new shop is pretty nice compared to the old.

That is one of our friends'....

...beater Scorpions. That is what he calls it, at least. He just uses it as a beater. He owns a high end restoration/service business in Springfield, Ohio called Sporty's. He also has an E-Type V12 2+2, a few Zagatos, and a couple of other Scorpions, including an 037 re-creation he is currently working on. Great guy!

'Beater' huh? :) What's in a name anyway...

I have ALWAYS wanted a Scorpion. I had a chance to get one about 16 years ago but a friend talked me out of it. He claimed that particular car had made its way into the SF bay. I don't recall the story exactly but at the time it was enough to scare me away from it.

They are such good looking cars.

This was the first time I....

...ever actually sat in one. Quite spacious, in comparison to the X, and the engine compartment is HUGE.

who owns the 128's? Details...... I just found out that a friend of mine from Il bought a 128 2 dr. Does taht brown one belong to a guy named Dan? What abotu the wagon? Those are cool!

Both the 128 2 door and the wagon...

...belong to the same customer of ours. The wagon was a total restoration, all of the way down to the metal. The sedan has the original patina and twin DCNFs. Very cool! Both are currently living at Midwest-Bayless. We also have a 2 door sitting in waiting to become a rally car platform. (same owner)

Any pics of the "usual suspects"? I want to see some pics of Matt and Thomas....:D After a few drinks of course. :eek:mg:

The blue is Ron Gallo's (abarth2litre)....

...beautiful twin DCNF, euro head...the works. The green X is the one with the K20 Acura powerplant. 240hp. Dodge Viper Rattlesnake Green Pearl paint.

Lower Westchester

Hey rags
glad you like the car we worked hard on it
Its back at Auto Turismo for so fine tuning
most likely we won't be on the road till after the 4th
if you want e mail me at abarth_1999*yahoo.com
and I'll let you know when we are gunna go to some local cruise's like Rosehill shopping center or Marcus Dairy
be nice to meet
thanks again

Small world Ron...

I grew up in Yonkers and went to the Catholic grammer school Assumption in Tuckahoe which I believe is now the police station or town offices (big brick bldg), graduated 8th grade there in 71 and yes the sisters kicked my butt!

It's funny, just joined xweb last week and have been going through pages and pages. Saw the post of u picking up the X in the Bronx back in March and said to myself that I was a few months too late with this bug that I now have. Anyway came accross the pics of your X in this thread and said wow, really nice X and from NY. I never put the two threads together as they look like two totally different cars.

The wheels have made all the difference in the world and it looks like you had the pinstriping removed or did you have it painted? Nice work on the engine as well.

My father used to take his Alfa's and Fiats to Tavolilla Bros in Tuckahoe (no longer there) I dont think.

Anyway, I'm maybe 20 miles north of you and we can definitely hook up one evening at Marcus etc. My Biturbo has an 8am appt tomorrow for an inspection (only 2 yrs left) so I'll be getting up at 7 to get her ready...she'll need some redline blasts to ensure her passing.

Here's a couple of pics of my current Alfa and Maser, hope this is allowed :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Should have mentioned, name is Matt, and if u ever get tired of her give me a shout. Not that I'm in any position to do anything with college coming up in 3yrs and the job scene with IBM very interesting lately (seems like they want all the new MBA's and none of the over 50 crowd), BUT I'm always interested :). Matt

Yeah we were lucky to find a clean one on the East coast
My so Ron Jr with hair dryer in hand removed the pinstripe all 10 miles of it
then with 3 m adhesive remover finished the job still have shadow stripe
engine compartment?
well that thanks to the Mastroianni brothers of Auto Turismo and Sport in New Milford ct. http://www.autoturismosport.com/autoturismosport/Home.html Most likely we will be bring it to Rosehill Shopping center in Thornwood which is near My Da's house July 1oth

Rosehill shopping center I know well. Have taken my Vette there numerous times. Silvio's has some of the best pizza around as well.

Mostly Muscle Cars but sometimes you do see a few foreign. I'll make a point of going July 10 if we dont have anything else going on. Usually we just get a slice and a beer and walk around. Actually was thinking of going tonight but looks like rain is in the forecast.

Pic of the Vette

Back