My Fiat disease can get bad

MikeLee

new to this forum. Caught onto the classic Fiat a few years ago with a 1970 Spider, then purchased 2 more. One has a performance rebuilt motor with oversized pistons. Paint is to bare metal and ready to finish this car next. Also found a great Pinna Azzura. Then someone told a guy who had a 1970 500L in a barn sent over while in the service. It’s sat in there for years and he could never locate anyone associated with the car . This was prior to the new car even being announced, so I didn’t know anything about this 2 cyl car. But rust free and we had it running driving in two hours . So I paid him $500 and it’s being painted this weekend. We stripped it to bare metal pulled all the rubber . The paint was beginning to bubble a little around the bottom . Then a few months ago found a super clean x/19 running Driving. Seats carpet all original and clean . Didn’t pay much . Maybe $800 . Found a man who was selling an X . He was a chef in Nashville Who love the car and this was his first attempt at restoring anything . He had purchased by thousand dollars worth of new performance parts , then realized he could not complete the car . The body was so far gone, i’m taking his wheels in performance parts and putting them on my X. Maybe part out what I can of his car.

I’m also into other cars so my plan is to sell two of the spiders and Azurra , and the 500 L . Probably have them all ready to go over the winter ready for a spring sale . A few other cars have priority right now but I cannot wait to get into the X with these new parts . It’s a orange gold paint color and the new wheels are black abarth that I’ve not found anywhere yet. All the receipts came with the wheels and parts of have to sort through them.

Welcome to the forums!

Can't wait to see how your new X progresses. There is a lot of information about these cars hidden throughout old posts, but never be afraid to ask, someone here always has an answer.

Welcome, alway glad to hear about any Fiat obsession.

Indeed, ask a away, someone here has done almost every job on these cars at least once and has posted about it.

Hope to help in the future.

Karl

Welcome to the addiction. Glad to see that you finally figured out the correct classic Fiat to get involved with. Have fun with the X and feel free to shout for help if needed.

I will speak for all of us in requesting pictures please! How do we know you even have the horde of awesome Fiats? :eek:

Back