My New project - 76 128

I'll have to give him a buzz! Shipping both ways wouldn't have much impact on the money I have spent on these turkeys. I envision them going on FB in all honesty.

How many sets of rear control arm bushings does it take to use rear control arms??? Three!!!

My shiny new arms from Slovenia apparently come with Strada/Ritmo bushings which do not fit 128 rear shocks. If I would have read Midwest Bayless warning I would have known. Another week lost waiting for new bushings. So I order a set of bushings from Midwest, they deform to easily and fall out. Of course they do. There goes another week. Tonight my ebay TRW NOS bushings arrived and fit they way they are supposed to. OMG real progress. Rear suspension is in. Need to compressor the suspension before I torque down the nuts. Tomorrow night do I dare try to install the rear brake hoses??

IMG_6133.jpeg
IMG_6132.jpeg
IMG_6131.jpeg
IMG_6128.jpeg
IMG_6129.jpeg
IMG_6130.jpeg

Last edited:
Shoulda just got the arms with the nylon bushings already installed! They really help sharpen up the handling...
Plus, never replace them again! 😃
IMG_20150510_181408_519.jpg
IMG_20150510_181342_956.jpg

Last edited:
I see you have installed the approved lowering kit, well done!
You better develop a more like Zen attitude towards this car or you will go nuts. You have a spider so you can tool around in a Fiat and you are not in the "it's my commuter car and I need to have it running Sunday night" mode.

If I could only follow my own advice.

How many sets of rear control arm bushings does it take to use rear control arms??? Three!!!

My shiny new arms from Slovenia apparently come with Strada/Ritmo bushings which do not fit 128 rear shocks. If I would have read Midwest Bayless warning I would have known. Another week lost waiting for new bushings. So I order a set of bushings from Midwest, they deform to easily and fall out. Of course they do. There goes another week. Tonight my ebay TRW NOS bushings arrived and fit they way they are supposed to. OMG real progress. Rear suspension is in. Need to compressor the suspension before I torque down the nuts. Tomorrow night do I dare try to install the rear brake hoses??

View attachment 83526View attachment 83527View attachment 83528View attachment 83529View attachment 83530View attachment 83531
Weird that they didn't fit, I mounted a set of the reinforced ones up with little difficulty. You prevailed so that's all that counts!

Weird that they didn't fit, I mounted a set of the reinforced ones up with little difficulty. You prevailed so that's all that counts!
in hindsight I should have just cut off the extra protrusion on the bushings that came with the arm. Middle bushing below

IMG_6129.jpeg

Back