My New project - 76 128

1500 big block going in , engine is from a FI X1/9, freshened up by Carl and trans was rebuilt by Gildo at DC Fiats. Tranny has 3.7 diff
IMG_6068.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got the driveshafts together, one of the clips was jammed in the cv joint. So are zip ties bad for holding cv boots on?

Finally got the driveshafts together, one of the clips was jammed in the cv joint. So are zip ties bad for holding cv boots on?
If you found the industrial type wide enough for the landing zone I might consider them.

I have never had a metal one fail

Most zip tie materials are not designed to stand up to weather.

Others may have a different experience

There goes a few thousand when the car hits BAT and the CV Joint non bidding experts crawl out of the woodwork.

I don't believe I have ever met a Fiat restorer (or any other car) who builds to a hoped for BaT winning bid price.
Just state that Madonna once owned it and hit the pulls eye.

As the 128 continue to fight me tooth and nail I made small progress last week.

1300 X1/9 Rear strut and springs, new control arms and new front sway bar bushings.
new Brake Master cylinder, brake discs and calipers.

1712713323812.png

Plus another 5k for the most aggravating project ever! The Lancia was a piece of cake compared to this.

Nice progress Ralph, your posts are inspiring. I might have need for some spare parts if you have extras after you're done.

Yes I have extra rear control arm bushings that don’t fit!!!! Front brake hoses made for some type of 128 in Argentina I think??? Ugh. Two new mechanical fuel pumps with 1/4 outlets, I’m guessing the pumps are for the 1 barrel weber carbs found on the first 1100 cc cars?

The emergency brake cable went on with out much drama.

Last edited:
I have these in my parts pile. The labeling says 128-X1/9 4spd outer cv boot strap. Is this what you need?
20240410_111326.jpg

Could be worse, you could buy a set of four Revolution wheels that were advertised as "4X98 for a Fiat" and when you get them they are pretty much 4X100 and don't come with the special sized lug nuts that are unique to them. You can have them for your sedan for a "special" price.

Could be worse, you could buy a set of four Revolution wheels that were advertised as "4X98 for a Fiat" and when you get them they are pretty much 4X100 and don't come with the special sized lug nuts that are unique to them. You can have them for your sedan for a "special" price.
Sure, they will make nice garage wall art.

But! Can you find a real welder… fill in the holes and re drill and use steel inserts. I bet Geoff would/could.

Back