My turn for a little show-off. New Interior & engine area upgradees

"What's better straighter tubes or colder air?"

That's gotta be the $64,000.00 question.

I vote for cooler air... but the air in that corner is not that hot, relatively.

Next time you have some extra DYNO time... try both configurations, chart it out over the entire RPM range, depicting hp and torque... and post your results here!

We'll be waiting...

HA!

Nice upgrade

Seats look great. I didn't know you can get them from Henk, I had mine made locally.
I never noticed any hole in the raintray, will have to kook for it. I use a K&E like yours. Intended to add a short elbow too lazy/forgetful. I,d be careful with long elbow, you don't want to pick a lot of sand off the road.
A short shifter well make for sportier drive and is very easy to DIY if you use any aftermarket knob. Just cut to the length you like (the shortest) and mount the knob.
Any improvement to the X make a whole new driving experience.

LOL funny, those upgrades are exactly the ones I've been contemplating.

The stainless fuel lines were right at the top of the list.

Been tossing around the shortened shifter idea too, but haven't sold myself on it yet.

I do like the cleaner sound with the K&N filter over the stock and that filter cover wouldcertainly complement the other shield nicely!

Shorten the shifter... you'll NEVER regret it...

... and you'll wonder why ya didn't do it sooner.

(When I was a smoker...third gear shifts useta knock the bead off my cigarette as I hit the open ashtray... No longer a problem for several reasons.)

But hey, MTL in the box and a short-throw lever, (about 1 inch I think I did...) and you'd think you were in another car! A good thing!

006-1.jpg

Oh... and another thing... I dunno about Ed's knob... but with set-screw types.. ifin' ya remove the screws and then drill through the set-screw holes INTO the shaft and make a slight INDENTATION... then the set screw has something to grip onto and the knob stays in place better.

Back