New born soonly (Green one)

My 87 is doing the same thing....

I have an unrestored 87 with 36k and the dash suffers the same problem. I am not positive, but fairly certain from the lack of rust, that my car, was garaged for most of its life. I believe that the factory applied some paint to the dash cluster pod, which is now peeling on both our cars. In fact, I have seen otherwise mint cars with peeling dash clusters.

It seems pretty strange for the factory to have painted the pod when under the paint looks to be a similar looking finish. Perhaps they were having some sort of moulding problem which they needed to correct when the pods where made.

Just my 2 cents...

Arman

Interesting...

Makes me wonder now...

But regardless, they need to come off and be redone. It would appear that COLD has more to do with this than heat...

Same goes for me, Yves...

My French, Romanian, Japanese, and even my English is quite lacking in many ways!

Given some patience though, we can get our messages across... Good to have you here!

Dash

Hi Yves,

The sanding and painting solution seems right to me. If you want, Jean-Marc Nadeau used to have X1/9 dashes rebuilt for customers. Is business is called Syncro.

Or, I may have some spares in good shape. I could take a look if your are preferring this solution. But I think they are all brown. Let me know if interested.

Dash

Thanks Daniel for the offer,
but for beginning I will try to paint the cluster.
If the result is not there I will think about Synchro.
Yves

Cluster cage paint Done

Hi all,
finally I sand the cluster cage and clean with "Acetone" solvant.
There is the look before paint.

img08681.jpg

img08621.jpg

I used Krylon paint for plastic and vinyl
img08631.jpg

Paint done
img08651.jpg

img08661.jpg

img08671k.jpg

Finally I'm satisfied with the job, the cluster look good.
Thanks everybody for all advices.

Last edited:
looking good!

In your first series of pics of the car in the body shop theres something red lurking in the background. It looks like a Porsche Carrera GT, however something doesnt look quite right... is it a replica?

Porsche GT

Hi Andrew,
Yes that Porsche GT is a kit install on Porsche 911.

I'm so sorry it's not my car .... but I prefer expense of my X :no:

New Green one Part III

Hello all,
I still working on my green one, there is new pictures
I wish you will liked. Presently in Québec Canada is cold minus 15 Celsius.
But I will take time for pictures:)
img13211.jpg

img13201.jpg

img13171.jpg

img13151.jpg

img13131.jpg

img13131.jpg

img13071z.jpg

img13061.jpg

img13031.jpg

img13001.jpg

img12981.jpg

img12971.jpg

img12921.jpg

img13031.jpg

img12921.jpg

img12911.jpg

img12891.jpg

img12881.jpg

img12851.jpg

Next month I will send new pictures.
Bye

img13221.jpg

img12821.jpg

Excellent work!

Hi Yves,

I'm really impressed by the work that you have done. Not just your attention to detail but the choices that you have made during the restoration.

Many X owners take a classic X and try to modernise it with dubious results. In your case, you took a later X and transformed it into a classic.

May more X owners be blessed with your good taste!

Cheers,
Dom.

Thanks Dom

Thanks Dominic for the good words:thumbsup:
I try to do my best and share with all of you.:grouphug:

Two Thumbs Way Up Yves!!!

Great colour!! Love the detail. Looks like I won't have the status of having thee nicest X1/9 in Canada anymore! (I'm only kidding my fellow Canuks!) Great job Yves! I wish you many fun filled adventures showing off your new ride after its unveiling! Allan

Back