New born soonly (Green one)

Thank you

Thank you everyone for the good feedback and encouragement.:)
When the car will be re-dressed, I'll post new pictures.

Oups!..

I forget to tell you... all the trim will be satin black.

Your English

is pretty darn good. I certainly couldn't write comments in French! So you've got one up on me, well two your X is a lot further along than mine, LOL. I asked about your bumper plans cause I can't decide what I want to do with mine. I prefer the early look the best, but I kinda want to keep this car "stock". They (the bumpers) just stick out too far!

Michael

Green is keen!!!

Tony, what is it about you and and your lack of appreciation of green Fiats? That color is terrific! Of course, I prefer "frog green" (As you so eloquently describe it) myself! Ha!

HAHAHA... That would be KERMIT-GREEN...

... and as he would say, "It ain't easy being green"!

I just humbly support that issue... HA!

Besides... there is Kermit Green, and then other greens... I have come to LOVE Kermit Green on a stock '74 with its touches of chrome here and there. Its a classic color combo and after all these years it just NOW seems to be the RIGHT color for the car.

Below is Jeff Zucker's '74 that Doug "The Ratt" Lindeman built a few years back. The Kermit Green works (IMHO) along with the Maserati 14 inch wheels! It ran dual Webers, cam and custom exhaust also. Lots of fun and loud!

greenx11.jpg

Below is another GREEN:

Bretts-1.jpg

... and IMHO... this shade works... plus the leather "buckskin tan" interior... Brett's car just really pops... Probably the most beautiful cruiser/tourer on the planet! I'd like to see a bit of chrome on the bumpers to set it off a bit... Note the chrome trim around the windows and how it sets off, and separates the colors a bit. Again, my preference.

Yves states that he will be doing all the trim in Matte Black against his shade preference of Green... and as far as I'm concerned... 1) He does GREAT work, and... 2) He can choose any color combo he wants. Its just not what I would choose or what I THINK works well.

But what I think doesn't matter. I just said all this to offer up other possibilities and maybe others might agree or consider them. Love the options available to us too...

Hey... when do we see pictures of YOUR WIFE'S GREEN '74???

Another incredible green X...

...pictures do NOT do this car justice. It looks like it is plugged into an outlet when the sun strikes it. Dodge Viper Rattlesnake green pearl.
k20z1.jpg

Fifty crisis

and riding that blue heavy bikes somewhere there in the background, not bad for a mane who is fifty years old, or should I say - fifty years young...:king:

Your right that exactly the color I painted "Snake Green Dodge Viper".
In the sun that colour is incredible.:eyepop:

Last edited:
Excellent...

....choice. It truly is amazing, and difficult to capture with a camera.

HA! What humor???

I'm one SERIOUS guy... HAHAHA!

Hurry up and get this car of yours together so we can appreciate it all!

Looks great Yves!

And glad you guys from the Great White North are getting your act together!

Hey, maybe we can have a little "border hopper" get together in the Spring..!

Front grill

Hi,

Since the car is already painted, it may be too late, but the 1300cc front grill didn't used the same top attachment point. You will need to cut the fingers that are going down on your car and weld some others way back in. You will also need the front metal spoiler cause the 1500cc plastic one is sitting farther to connect with the black bumper side pieces. You are also probably aware of the difference between our 1974 bumpers rubber blocks and the euro ones that are smaller (and looked better). You will also need the front lenses used in 1974 and 1975 (or maybe 1976 also).

Daniel Forest
Montreal
1987 Bertone X1/9
1980 Fiat X1/9

Daniel,

All what you mention is absolutely true and I'm aware. That the reason I will plan for a futur project, 1 to 2 years...

I will take the time to found all the parts I need for the conversion.
In short term I will keep the bumper as is. Presently the bumpers are very clean, I repainted everything of the bumper including all the plastic side, replaced crack lense etc...

The 74 Euro bumpers version are harmonize with the car...
and so beautiful:eyepop::eyepop:.

Green One Part II

Hi all,
There are new pictures of my restoration project continuation.
The paint is done and my X in green is very impressive:eyepop:.
img04411.jpg

The guy is the painter not me…
img04421.jpg

img04431.jpg

I’m starting to work in the interior.
img05881.jpg

img05891.jpg

I need advice for how to repair the dash cage cluster, the finishing peel off.
img05931.jpg

img05951.jpg

img05961.jpg
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7865/img05961.jpg

Just remove the finishing and paint? Any suggestion? :help::help::(

Yves

Paint it

It looks like the body shop knows their stuff. They can match the color and use an additive for adhesion to plastic. They can adjust the gloss level too, so you can have it flat or semi gloss.
Bob

Bob indeed knows his stuff...

... as he is a pro I respect...

What I did with mine about 10 years ago was clean it with lacquer thinner and then sprayed it with Duplicolor's Fabric and Vinyl (dye) spray in Flat Black.

Its now peeling and chipping much like I suspect your is... as I'm sure it was refinished as well. (I must admit I retouched it a few times, without proper prepping...) The originals were a factory molded color, not sprayed.

Anyway... time to do mine again as I need to replace a gauge anyway.

So... 5 bucks every ten years... not bad.

Your choice!

Back