New pic w/wheels on

Discussion in 'X1/20 Forum' started by budgetzagato, Dec 12, 2011.

1. budgetzagato

budgetzagato Administrator Moderator

Since the weather cleared briefly this afternoon, I thought I'd snap a beauty shot of the Scorpion with the Maserati wheels on it. These are the two-tone 6.5" wide ones. I like the look. :)
    [​IMG]

The Bertone was picked up yesterday and is safely in Canadian customs which should only take a few days. Always nice to meet fellow enthusiasts from afar. The new owner is an autocrosser among other things, I think he said his daughter is a co-driver. That's me and Hazel in another 5 or 6 years I hope. :whistle:

2. kmead

kmead Old enough to know better

Looks very good indeed. I noticed your new profile pic which also looks very nice.

Are you thinking of doing the Monte Carlo headlight treatment or the 4 headlight arrangement?

The wheels look great, do they have the same relative offset as the OE wheels or do they have a bit more poke outwards (deeper dish)? There seem to be some decent 14" tires still which is good.

3. Pete Whitstone

Pete Whitstone True Classic

Looks good Greg!

The stock 13" bowtie wheels are just way too small for the car, IMO. They are lost in those relatively large wheel wells. I am running 15" rims on my car and there is probably room for even larger. But I think 14's or 15's is a good size for the car.

Pete

4. Ulix

Ulix True Classic

Looks great

Looks like it should have come with these wheels! :)

5. fiatmonkey

fiatmonkey Tim Hoover

Totally agree. Look very cool and stock...!

6. SpidArman

SpidArman Collector of wayward cars

I like em...

Better on the Scorpion than the X....

7. Mark

Mark FIATFREAK

Looks familiar
    [​IMG]

8. budgetzagato

Looks good Mark...

I like the quad round headlight look too. And the side view mirrors... did you get glass for them or did you use plexi like I've heard of some people doing?

I'll get there eventually. :)

9. Mark

Mark FIATFREAK

The mirrors are X1/9 and the glass replaced with lexan.

10. whitespy

whitespy Flyboy Spagetti eater

11. kmead

I must admit to this being my favorite variation on a Monte, is there any chance you could make a separate thread with more pics of this car and what you did to create this car? One showing more of your other past and current Lancia's wouldn't be out of line either :)

Many thanks

Karl

12. azfiat

azfiat Low Mileage

Hi guys, newbee here. Wheels looks great on the Scorpion! Has anybody tried to put a set on a X1/9? If so, what tire size would you guys recommend to put on for X1/9 with the Maserati wheels? Look forward to your opinion.

Bert

13. Mark

Mark FIATFREAK

185/55-14 is the correct tire size.

14. Mark

Mark FIATFREAK

I'll have to scan some pictures. The white and grey car was pre digital camera...

15. kmead

Budgetzagato had those wheels on his X for years. It looked very good indeed.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  16. budgetzagato

Biturbo wheel fit...

Hi Bert,

I had these on my Bertone X1/9, but I think a 14x6 Biturbo is probably a better fit. I have a set of 5 I repainted (repainted 4, 1 left original as "spare") in silver that I likely will be selling after verifying the 14x6.5 fit my Scorpion well. Let me know via pm if you're interested.

These are them right after painting:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. bbrown

bbrown Bob Brown Moderator

Good job on the paint there, Gregory

Nice work. Worthy of a scorpion trailer queen. :king:

18. Matthew

Matthew True Classic

If you sell those wheels let me know because I might be interested. I have a factory Scorpion repair manual I could throw in on the deal too.

19. azfiat

azfiat Low Mileage

Hi Greg
    Thanks for offering the Maserati wheels. Maybe in the future. Looking to repaint the X1/9. Maybe Lamborghini Orange?

Bert

20. Mark

Mark FIATFREAK

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2016