New seatbelts

Discussion in 'Workshop Forum' started by Fred Cantin, May 18, 2019.

1. Fred Cantin

Fred Cantin Daily Driver

Hi all,

A few words to let you know that Wesco offers seatbelts that fit really well on our Xs. My car's original ones were sun-faded, the plastic parts covering the buckles were cracked and the reeling mechanisms weren't functionning properly anymore.

The new ones do not have electrical wiring (no more buzzer) but you can order them in the color of your choice (mine are brown).

I'm not affiliated or any way associated with Wesco, I just wanted to let you know that they offer a nice replacement product for our cars :).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

79X19, kmead and Tavalin like this.
  2. Thanks for the information. One of my planned projects in the near future is to replace the factory lap belts with shoulder harnesses. The story goes that in 1974 there was some loophole in the US shoulder harness law exempted convertibles under a certain displacement. Fiat took advantage and saved a couple of bucks. At least they included upper mount point (covered with a plug).

How do you like the new belts from an operational and comfort point of view? Does it use the factory mounting bolts?

3. kmead

kmead Old enough to know better

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  4. Fred Cantin

Fred Cantin Daily Driver

Comfort is about the same, but the reeling mechanism works better. Yes, they do use the factory mounting bolts.

kmead and dllubin like this.