I would just want to add, be VERY DELICATE with the new speedo cable, try not to bend it any more than necessary and certainly NO sharp bends or kinks while installing or while positioning into grommets or clips---otherwise it will not work smoothly.

DON'T ask me how I know!!! Grrrrrr.

Any idea where to get the strut tower reinforcements? MWB says sold out, the only place I can find them is in the UK. I assume shipping would be costly.

As I was telling Ed Cohen the other day, the only way I can enjoy an X is with my signature gutted interior (and engine bay). Somewhat easy to get to things like cables and hoses. My speedometer has no cable...it's an app on my phone.

My had goes off to you guys who do stuff like speedo cable replacement with a full interior, I have heard nothing but horror stories about this job.

Honestly I was thinking of the bare interior as well. Also with the wiring, if it doesn't need to be there..... I did add a starter relay today and added a switch to the fuel pump. I know a guy who had his Camaro stolen and found it a couple blocks away because of his fuel pump switch. He was angry they cut the rag top but he always left the doors unlocked. They didn't even try the door.

Chris is the original seller of the Mark Plaia Bigfoot Strut Tower Doublers

All others are copies. Bought mine from Mark himself

Any info on this car? Specifically colour?
33dc0211f7ff3ac39c314568fa34d475.jpg

It is the OE red metallic available on 1979 and 1980 models. My 1980 was that color. Nice color. I don’t have the name or the color code but could likely find it.

I believe MWB redid that car so there may be info on it on the MWB site as well.

It is the OE red metallic available on 1979 and 1980 models. My 1980 was that color. Nice color. I don’t have the name or the color code but could likely find it.

I believe MWB redid that car so there may be info on it on the MWB site as well.
MWB? Click on the link (look at the plates in both photos. It's the same car) according to the owner in the video the Uno Turbo motor was sourced from England, and was rebuilt in Dubai

Thankfully my memory had not failed me, if one reads the original article you will find the reference that the car was bought off of XWeb and redone at MWB.

http://motoringme.com/features/1980-fiat-x19/
192A4C9F-8570-4CB2-9D32-79935833554F.jpeg

The paint code is 853 Red Metallic

My 1980 was this color, the paint flips under different lighting conditions and the Middle East would provide some pretty interesting light (as well as filters applied to the images I would bet).

9319EA7F-C243-4D28-8291-113B339F7775.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks Karl, I didn't know it had an article written about it, before he did the Uno Turbo swap. Makes sense...it looks like a well sorted car.

It is a beautiful car. The best I have ever seen that color look. The added things he had done like the leather interior are also extremely nice.

The cover picture was my desktop for quite some time.

Well, bled the brakes. I replaced the rear lines with braided ones but the fronts are waiting for a proper wrench. I'm afraid my 100 will strip the head. I got the lines from Vicks and I am pretty perturbed with them, the fittings are all standard. I HATE that. The originals are metric, I don't care if they are made in the USA, MAKE THE BLOODY THINGS METRIC! The threads are metric, it's no harder.... If I ever replace them I will try to find others.

Now I am having another issue. My light for the bulb to feed the optical cables is not getting juice. Any ideas on where the wires go? I have a yellow red at the fuses but no continuity in that wire. My manual was apparently shipped from L.A. and has now left SWEDEN! I live in Canada..... How is Sweden on the way?

OK, quick question. On a '79 what is the "internal lights control switch"? I thought it was the rheostat. Is it maybe connected the first step on the headlight switch?

The electrics are chopped to bits. I have no interior lights at all, the courtesy light is there but not working.

The schematic mentions a left and right interior light, Where would they be? The only light I see is the Dome light.

Last edited:
Any idea on the age of this tire? I am not a tire guy and I can't seem to find a date code.

Attachments

• 20190916_115349.jpg
    20190916_115349.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 95
Any idea on the age of this tire? I am not a tire guy and I can't seem to find a date code.
That is the same tire they came with from the factory so it is possibly that old unless it is a replacement. They were not great when new, but wore OK.

I had it taken off the rim today but kept the tire. They think (by what they assume is a date code 2/68 that it was the second week of 1968. The rim is stamped FIAT, so I assume that it is not original to my car (1979) but it may actually be an original 68 X wheel. If it is, I think it's kinda cool!

Back