oh I wish I could decide on a colour.

oh and I was wondering if there are easier colours to paint than others? as this is my first respray of a car.

well

metalic colors are harder then normal colors , but the most important stage on a repaint, is the stage before apply the color. anyways, old colors based on toxic chemical are better and easy to use, since then "cover" small imperfections, today colors based on water really sucks, they do not cover any imperfection .........

Good luck !

For a sports car

You really can't go past RED:love:
Also after a sad experience in my light blue one, I want to make sure my X is very visable on the road.
The bloke at the Auto paint shop at O'Sullivan's Beach has a paint chart of all of the old Fiat colours from the 60's, 70's and 80's that you can have a look at. And he will mix any of these for you at a good price.
Cheers, Terry

what's the original color??

Are you planning on a whole color change including the engine bay/trunks??? Sometimes it pays to stay close to the original color for these reasons... '

But if you're doing a full do-over, my fav. color on an X is red, or the 70's lime greens and light oranges with BLACK trim..

Careful $$$

There's a wide variety of price difference in colors. Red is most expensive, yellow and white are least.
Modern pearl metallics can be super expensive and really difficult to repair.
Red is best for resale value. They call it "resale red".
White hides defects in the body.
Silver hides dirt if you don't like to wash. (Currently this is the most popular car color in America.)

One thing's for sure: NEVER pick a random color from a chip book. Always pick something you've seen on an actual car. I've had a nearly 100% disappointment rate from customers who pick colors from the chip alone. They always say, "is that the color I picked?" Look at actual x1/9's if at all possible!!

Ed.

Yellow

The yellow really POPS. PPG 84028.

DSC_2757.jpg

Pick a color with a reason

When I repainted my Whitex I had the same problem, which color to chose. I finally picked the color my late wife had liked the most.
But you don't have to kill your wife for that....

HA! Had to laugh a Herzel's advice!

Hey... post a pic of the car here... and then we MIGHT be able to help you decide base upon a THEME...

Even maybe a Medium Metallic Blue if yur neutured!

Yellow, Sunoco Blue or Red if yur a racer...

Black, White or Dark Green for cruisers, and so on...

Picture

DSC00411.jpg

Its a series 2, that's going bumperless, keeping the black roof and black engine cover. These are also the wheels I'll be using on it, my brother is making some centre caps for them, and I'm going to paint the dull parts of the wheels black leaving the rim and the tops of the spoke parts polished aluminium, like this one
http://www.performancewheels.com.au/images/big_challenger.jpg

I think I'm going to do the interior in black, but also undecided on this...

Always trying to start something, eh Tony?

Look back at the Carlisle post... Notice who's car is pictured? Notice the color? That's right, BLUE baby! :grin:

Actually, I really like the light gray color with the wheels pictured. I've always been a big fan of the gun-metal gray Dodge Challengers, which is a darker charcoal kind of color. Don't know how it would look on the X though. Either one with a black interior and I'd be happy with it.

All right Tony, I hate to admit this, but I am a big fan of black also. I'd like to build a stealth X, gothic black, black interior, tinted glass, night vision system like that Japanese team had in Cannonball Run, ...

Bob

I repainted my 86 gloss black

and it was absolutely beautiful. I remember not so much seeing the black as much as I remember the vivid colors from everything it reflected. Hard to hide dents, but if you get it right it's truly a thing of beauty.

Glad it's not just me !

I'm glad it's not just me that has this dilemma. Fortunately (or unfortunately, if you look at it like that) I'm not in a position to do any painting just at the moment, so I get the chance to change my mind on a regular basis ... and I do !

However, it always comes down to my 4 favourites :
Solid Green, Metallic Blue, Bright Red (almost orange) & Metallic Green.

4colour.jpg

Well, Look what the cat dragged in...

Good to hear from you Bob... and like you... I too love the "all machinery look" of a silver-grey... especially with that wheel combo.

I seem to have forgotten all about that... My favorite car for this color combo is/was a mid 60's Mustang with natural colored American Mags with polished outers... kinda like our man is planning to do with his wheels...

Congrats on BB4RE... how's HE running?

BB-4RE's running great,

I just wish I had more time to go out and play; life keeps getting in the way lately. My in-laws have a camp over near Raystown, PA and we're planning a weekend over there soon. Hoping to take the X as it would be a good 2-hour trip each way. Be a good chance to run it for more than the short trips that I've been taking with it.

Bob

at least I have lots to do before I paint

I'll do the engine bay in black, get the engine and interior in and back together along with getting the car running, then I'll put some paint on.

Back