OK, another "guess what this is" game!

Okay...

DeTomaso or Maserati? Entirely because they are or were in Modena and therefore close to the Prancing Horse. If it isn't geographical proximity then I guess it has to be either iconography or ownership or something else beyond my pay grade:hmm::laugh:

Bravo!

I think you got it! :woot::woot: How did you find it? Or did you just know?

Here is verification photo (I think)

asa-1000-13.jpg

ASA 1000: 13 Photo

Its a guess based on the clues, close to Ferrari and not ATS, so I did a google search for a picture. I think R&T did an article on ASA a while ago.

We do indeed have a winner, an ASA Spyder

http://www.hagerty.com/price-guide/1962-ASA-1000

Congratulations!

The ASA is one of my personal favorites, small car, great performance and very beautiful. Styled by Giugiaro while at Bertone. To be fair Bizzarini was involved in the venture to produce the cars, but it wasn't a Bizarrini

Care to try another?

Indeed it is a Morretti, another fine maker from Italy.

I knew that one would be easy :)

Off-topic subject, Karl.......!

....but I see you are from Grand Rapids, Mich.
Way back in 1979, I spent 3 months at GMI in Flint (now Kettering University), enjoying meeting many other GM representatives from around the world. We were on a GM Truck "world" engineering project, i.e. attempting to develop a GM World truck concept (unfortunately GM "forgot" that LHD vehicles are not legal in all parts of the world!)
Anyway, one of our group from "down-under" had friends living in Traverse City, so on a long-weekend, 4 of us decided to visit these people in Traverse City. We drove up from Flint, thru a place I recall named Farewell (which I thought was a nice name for a town) and spent 2 days in Traverse City.
On the longer return trip back to Flint, we passed thru GRAND RAPIDS!
I can remember (it was getting late in the day) thinking what a pretty place Grand Rapids was!! As I recall, we stopped for a 'burger 'n beer' on the outskirts of town - the burger was a typical side-of-a-cow US-size burger!
So, my distant memory of Grand Rapids is "a great town for a GREAT (size) burger"!! :laugh:

cheers, Ian - NZ

large_1burger25.jpg

:) we tend to offer large food here. Generous portions.

Fifth-Third-BurgerWhiteCaps.jpg

Its a shame you haven't been here of late, we are currently known for being Beer City for all of the micro brews we have here. Some damn good beer. Hopcat offers beer and a brew for 6 bucks on Monday thru Friday nights, you should stop by...

http://www.experiencegr.com/about-grand-rapids/great-beer/

Its a pretty decent place now, when I first came here it wasn't much but 20 years can make an amazing difference.

I nearly went to GMI in 1980, then realized I didn't really want to be a muffler engineer and went to California instead to be a car designer, as happens to most I adjusted course just a tad and have enjoyed my time as a product designer instead.

Traverse City is still an incredible place, a bit touristy for me but a beautiful place nonetheless.

If you went to Flint from Traverse City via Grand Rapids, you took the scenic route!
Great state this, great people too. Lovely country. Could do with shorter winters though. More beaches than anywhere but Alaska, more golf courses than any other too I think.

From BFI 2014... Merkel Weiss' Moretti...

IMG_0173.jpg

In the dirt! At least its not in the mud... What a shame, this car deserves NOT to be treated like this!

The Woodley Park venue is no longer the beautiful backdrop it once was thanks to the new-found popularity of Soccer, the recent droughts, and the general miss-management of lawn care and usage.

To wit... BFI 2005:

Back