Once again, I love my FIAT

Is that Rudy?

Everybody now goes by cryptic combinations of letters and insider (to them) references, and NOBODY SIGNS THEIR NAME!

I have to wonder who is speaking. :huh: This forum used to be a really collegial group of friends, all on a first name basis. Now, it looks a lot like just another forum.

Sorry for the rant. I am really happy that you enjoyed the trip, and the X1/9 has proven once again that it is a great and dependable auto, that is spirited and fun to drive.

Ciao,

Good to hear from you

and happy to hear the X is running well. Wave to me as you fly back to CT. I will keep looking up Tuesday afternoon. ;)

We are free tonight for din din (better sooner than later so we can plan for this) if you would like to meet up Rudy?

Send me a note.. either via X web or email.

Bernice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, up in my old neck of the woods! Yep your car drove really nice, I was happy to take it for a spin.

If you want some good Mexican food, check out Taqueria Tlaquepaque! (and bring me back some!lol)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...iMiAPitoDiDw&sig2=fudfQC1JBxmNFQcjdBxzuw&cd=3

Dittos Mark...

I guess I'm just TOO FRIGGIN" OLD also... but if yur not confident, willing and proud enough to say who you are... then I'm likely to hold back also. Such is NOT the case with Rudy though... he usually does sign but his head is virtually in the clouds right now... and rightfully so.

Maybe those are their real names Mark

I mean, people give their kids weird names these days. :)

I use a bit of my real name. Used to use the whole thing, but decided against it. If this site were "Members Only", you might see more folks uncloaking.

I can't understand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.......If this site were "Members Only", you might see more folks uncloaking.

Hey Jim, has the US become such a 'spooky' place that people dare not identify themselves any more????
Tell me it's not so, please!!

cheers, Ian - NZ

Not sure why you think I am worried about the US in particular.

Hi ianlawson!! If that's really your name!!! :dance:

Obviously, this site is wide open to the universe. Anyone can swing by Xweb and peruse the content. If you post your personal info here on Xweb, or in any open forum, you are taking a chance.

If you are comfortable with doing so, that's fine, it's definitely a personal choice. Some people are a lot more particular about personal information, that's all. And as long as Xweb's content is unsecured, I have no problem with people choosing their own level of comfort.

abec... is there a Tlaquepaque‎ (not sure of the spelling) over in Placentia? Used to be one years ago and that place was great. Big courtyard outside and they used to have floorshows (dancers) and mariachi players strolling the grounds during Sunday brunch. Great place and I would be disappointed to hear if it had closed.

Not sure, I know there are other ones. I have only been to that location, I believe its their first location also.

Yes

Hi ianlawson!! If that's really your name!!! :dance:

Obviously, this site is wide open to the universe. Anyone can swing by Xweb and peruse the content. If you post your personal info here on Xweb, or in any open forum, you are taking a chance.

If you are comfortable with doing so, that's fine, it's definitely a personal choice. Some people are a lot more particular about personal information, that's all. And as long as Xweb's content is unsecured, I have no problem with people choosing their own level of comfort.

I don't like signing my name here anymore, on purpose. During one of the spats where I the focal point of someone's flaming a few years ago, I had a family member in Thailand spot it on Google. I had never met her before, but she reached out to me and asked if we were related and of course we were, first cousins in fact. It's embarassing. It's also why I don't hang out and post much these days. Most of you know me and when we talk, it's mostly offline now.

Yep, fair comment!!

I do see your point, Jim!!

No offence intended with my earlier reference to the "US"!!
I guess we live in a world these days where we need to be "looking over our shoulder" more frequently.

cheers, Ian - NZ

Mark P...shift of Xweb universe...

...my shift from real name to nom de plume
came after googling my name...600 hits.
best to keep a lower profile.
:pimp::pimp:

Last edited:
I agree!

It drives me nuts how many people chose a new name when we switched to this forum.
How am I supposed to keep straight who is who now?
I felt (and to an extent still feel) that this new forum is a new place with new people and the people I knew from the forum, and even personally, seem to be gone or hard to identify.
Yes, if I spent more time here and read each and every post, it would be easier to reaquaint myself with everyone, but time doesn't permit that.
Maybe people could sign their posts with their first name, or first name and initial if it is a very common name?

(BTW, Ulix IS my real name :) )

You know what. I'm just sharing a simple story about my FIAT. If you all want to bitch and moan about user id's, create another thread, or better yet, another section on it.

Back