Once again, I love my FIAT

Right!

I drove both my cars yesterday. The Spider for about 20 minutes and then ran errands in the X. Those two make a really good combo. La Dolce Vita 124 and boy racer X. If the X is not the best driver's car on a pound for pound, dollar for dollar basis I would love to hear what might be better. Early Golf GTI,maybe?:)

Sorry!!

And just to bring this back on topic... my two cars are stuck in the garage for the time being. The 78 isn't running and it is blocking the 86. :(

Until I get a free day, with good weather, I will remain X-less. No first drive for me for a couple more weeks at least. Hey.. it hasn't snowed in about 7 days though, there is hope.

And finally, sorry about the tangent. Of course thread drift is the one true identifier of Xweb. When you see a thread drift 90 degrees off course, you know you are home. :)

offrampze5.gif

Bang for the buck

I love my X but bang for the buck a beater Europa twin cam is hard to beat! I bought one recently for $5K, power to weight ratio would be hard to match with an X on that budget. What do you all think?

Come on back Rudy...

...post your X saga again. It was delightful.

No need for concern over shifting of content.
It happens...as conversations drift...

Most of life requires we line up like soldiers.

This part of life does not.

Beater Europa

Well, in my case it was a car totally rebuilt by the previous owner but needing cosmetics. It's sporting a serious patina and some interior degradation. Very usable as is but not to everyone's taste. It is huge fun to drive.
I'm told you can easily spend $5K on a twin cam thorough engine rebuild. These are simple cars to wrench on mostly (my second) and are pretty reliable though not super robust. What do you want for 1600lbs?

backbone

Far as I can tell it's original. Car spent most of it's life in California, then sitting in SC. Not rusty, it's sunburnt! Paint is fried. Surprisingly there are no stress cracks. Very unusual to find. My other Europa came out of Texas, nice and dry, but full of stress cracks. Those frames are rust prone, barely adequate to begin with, but what fun.

stuck in the garage

I've got six cars in a garage with one door. I KNOW your pain. Even if they all run it's a huge PITA! And generally there's cars in the driveway blocking the garage!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here. Two many posts and points of view now on the internet for all to see. Could hamper future employement if someone doesn't agree with political views, etc.

Back