Oregon Swap Meet April 7th

Brett

True Classic
I am thinking of hosting an informal X Web Swap Meet at my place, near Molalla, OR (~35 miles SE of Portland, ~13 miles east of Woodburn off I-5)

Could be an all-fiat swap meet, with some NOS 124 parts depending on the outcome of something someone else is doing, so that's just a teaser...

What I'd like to know is how many folks might be interested in:
- showing up
- going for a "fun run" if I came up with an interesting route

And if April 6th or 7th is a good day for folks. This would be starting at lunch time and running till whenever (wife will be out of town :whistle:)
I could cook up burgers on the Traeger, or maybe ribs if I'm feeling ambitious. Bring your own drinks and a side/snack??

Post some replies and let me know if this will work.
(I can make space available enough to make it work even if its raining)...

Last edited:
I'd try to come...

But, the 6th is out for me. FEN Tune-Up Rally; I'm writing it this year so I pretty much have to show up. :whistle:

Ah, man...

Greg, I checked the FB page for FEN, but not the main page. My bad. If we did it on the 7th (Sunday) would you come?
You'd have a fresh tune-up, right? :)

Either day is fine for me, so I'm flexible...

Sounds like fun, we could make either day. Might be a little early in the year to get the x out of hibernation. :)

Yah Dude...

...I'm up for that.
Swap meet sounds good.
Perhaps folks can post items they need.
Or items they can bring.
I can bring snorkle, 6" SportStars, 8" Diamond steelies.
if there's any interest.

Sound Like A Great Plan

I would be up for a little trip south.
I am looking for a set of operable front struts to be modified for lowering.
Thanks,

Does anyone have a good, rust-free, passenger side front fender that they would like to sell? If so, let me know and I will definitely come to this swap meet for sure!

Thanks,

George

Does anyone have a good five speed transmission that they want to sell? More motivation to get down to the swap meet!

George

I think could make 4/7/13 work!

Would love to connect again with some of you folks. I've been thinking about this quite a bit. Saw Jeff Gebhart's brother (another Ex-X guy) today and reminded me all over again that we should do something.

Thanks, Brett. Looking forward to the confirmation. Larry

IT'S ON!!

OK, based on responses, lets confirm this for 4/7/2013. I'll be home from church by 11:30am, something (burgers, dogs, maybe ribs) will be ready on the Traeger not long after that.

I do have some front struts, but they need new upper strut mounts as the ones on the struts are pretty deformed.

Molalla, OR 97038
call 503-913-2943 if you have questions on how to get there or anything else...

Last edited:
I'll plan to be there...

Got lots of various bits from a couple of cars. I have a 34 DATRA that needs a new home if anyone's interested.

-Dean

Fender

Does anyone have a good, rust-free, passenger side front fender that they would like to sell? If so, let me know and I will definitely come to this swap meet for sure!

Thanks,

George

I talked to someone here in town that has some fenders..and some more x parts and 124 parts..came from dealer that shut down.. I will call him to see what he wants for the fenders..Tom..

I'm in as well...

I'll have a pair of taillights, some side scoops, some late ignition stuff, maybe a targa top if I can get it there, or if someone needs one, other misc. bits.

One week away!

Some stuff I have, maybe of little interest, but...
two sets of stock exhaust
One "Daytona" quad exhaust - looks like 1-3/4" inlet? pic below
One complete set stock shocks/struts, need new top mounts.
AC Alternator - supposed to have new brushes. Bought it as a spare, but I don't think I need it.

IMG_1215.jpg

Last edited:
Looking Forward To It

I don't have any part to swap, but I will do my part and bring money. I am interested in those struts. Let us know if you want us to bring anything.
Thanks,

bring anything you want that goes with burgers...

bring anything you want that goes with burgers...
I hoping the rest of you bring some sides, or maybe your favorite soda/drink...
I'll have plenty of burgers, buns and fixings. (went with burgers because I can cook as people show up and want them)

Hey guys...

You just might see me at that swap meet if it's ok! My X won't make it as it has been sitting awhile. I finally have it back in possession after 7 years and I am thrilled! The brake pedal sticks to the floor, so she's gonna have to stay home this time. Brett, I do like that Daytona exhaust! :thumbsup: I have an extra top thats in ok condition if anybody needs one. Sounds like a good time!

More than ok...

Josh, attendance is mandatory for Xheads with dead Xs.
Supreme source of motivation at the least.
Parts/info connections also.
Good folks too.

As a bonus, word is a pair of 128s will be in attendance.
One is au' naturale, and one is slightly breathed on.
A study in contrasts...different flavors for different paletes.

Symbiosis of mechanical similarities of 128s makes 'em more X-like
than "spiritual" connection of predecessors or successors.
Whose commonality with the X is removable top.
With add'l functionality of 128's interior space,
a whole new world of Fiat Fun can be had.
I've come to realize over last several years
the 128 is perfect stablemate to an X.

Back