Philippine X1/9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice!

I think you may want to trade me for my soon to be had stock X1/9, cause you dont really want (insert a few lame excuses here) :)

I wish I was a quarter as good as you are with body work. Very impresive. I'm always reluctant to buy a body kit because I can never find one I like, I may just do some research and follow your path. To be honest, even if I fudge it up at every turn I'ld probibly be happier with a homemade body kit, looking (atleast mostly) the way I want it to, then any off the shelf dudat that I could (in theory afford to) purchase. I realise the cost is about the same for prefab versus homemade, but still :)

Anways keep up the good work I cant wait to see what its going to look like when its finished.

Again... Kudos on the craftsmanship...

It would appear though that all this metal will be adding a considerable amount of weight to not the BEST part of the car... hanging out front and way out back. Tires will probably care for this... but what do you plan to power it with.

With all the neat aero improvements... I would hope you plan to back up the LOOK with some GRUNT.

engine swap

I agree, it would be awesome with a 2000cc/turbo with 300hp plus. :excited: like the silver one, in the midle east on utube, but that one has 600hp plus Fuel Injected 2000cc turbo

But none the less, I'd be happy just to own the car just the way it is.
it looks fast standing still. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!

Paul,

What is in the car now is a potent 4AGE Toyota. Strong enough to power the car for my son to learn it. Please remember that this car is for my son who will use it to learn how to drive.

The metal added up front is not as heavy as you think. I also removed the existing fenders, bumpers and valence to lessen the weight. Removing to front bumper alone saved me a lot of unwanted pounds. I maybe adding metal for now, but I will be removing metal when I get to work on the suspension.

By the way, I also have a 4AGZE(supercharged version) waiting for the right time to be installed(when my other son ls good enough to drive it). I will run it with a parallel turbo(twin charged) for hi-end power.

Simy,

I am from the ols school of Hot Rodding, when no kits were available in the market. When you want something of your taste, we usually do it ourselves.

Tomorrow, I will take pictures of rear end that is almost done(frame only).

Last edited:
Wow... Not only do you have vision, but you have the old school crafting skills to carry it out! I'm in awe of you.... AMAZING work! Please keep the pics coming!:excited:

Thanks again to everybody. Aside from my "Special Son", all of you enthusiast are my inspiration for this project.

I head is still a bit sore from the gash that I suffered.

Here are some of the work done.

The round bar mock-up for the rear is almost over.
PICT0449.jpg

I found a rear spoiler in a junk yard that cost me $30(expensive in the Philippines). I cut it to size and use it as wind deflector under the rear valence. Bonus is, it has a nice looking 3rd brake light. The dorsal fins will be installed later.
PICT0450.jpg

Trying to preview with the tail lights(from a 300ZX, $40) and grilles from a Japanese truck as rear air vent.
PICT0451.jpg

Closer look at the rear.
Notice the through the body exhaust pipe.
PICT0452.jpg

Djerk.

Even though I don't speak or understand a single word in German, may I "THANK YOU" for posting my photos in Germay.

I hope they don't think that I am crazy.

Thanks so much.

Coupla translations from German to English...

"Crazy thing. It is has rarely that someone the capacity such a thing to do AND also another good eye/designer quality.

The lattices are lecherous, in original Gandini pattern! In other back lights, the joke stops with me. Also if these not badly to the X form fit..."

Thx to Dierk for sharing on German X forum.
'Tis an inspiring project for X-heads worldwide.

Wow

Hope your head is better!
I am speechless about the work! I have never dabbled in this type of work and I really appreciate the art and technic that seem to go into it.
The design seems to follow the Bertone lines it seems. Beauty!

What the .............!!

......hell does "lechorous lattices" mean?????

That's really got me thinking something straaaaange!! :eyepop:

cheers, Ian - NZ

What the hell does "lechorous lattices" mean?????

IanLawson asked the question.
The term was created during
freebie translation from German comment to English.
As original author of German comment,
perhaps Ulix can 'splain how
his German phrase morphed into "lecherous".

I suspect the original phrase meant "bad ass".

It was the google translation of the German word "geil". :lol:
"Geil" means originally "lecherous" or "horny". But in the 1980s the German teenagers used this word for telling that something is cool, awesome or incredible.
This little word "geil" was like a virus. In a very short time everybody used it. Now you can say this word nearly everywhere.

Geil! Affengeil!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03FnBFscMVM&feature=related"]YouTube - Bruce & Bongo - Geil (Musicvideo 1986)[/ame]

Good explanation Dierk!

A more loose translation of what I posted there would be "those rear grilles are awesome, they even have the Ganadini pattern in them. I like the body conversion but changing the tail lights to non-X taillights is too much for me, even though they match the shape of the body."

Thanks for translating the German version.

As for the tail lights, I give my son freedom of choice on what he wants. Sort of letting him into the project. What my son wants, my son gets! Hehehe. I love him so much.

My head is still sore, so it is a lazy week, but we still got to do the "Lazy fastback".
PICT0454.jpg

PICT0453.jpg

Next week, we will have a faster pace and the outline of the rear fenders might be done by that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back