Pics of '74 X1/9 in Tacoma Pick-A-Part...

Brent Barber

True Classic
Went by the yard today and snapped a few pictures. Took them with my phone so the quality isn't the best...but not too bad. I really like that 1st Gen Honda in the background also...:grin:

img0202fy.jpg

By barberbr at 2010-09-16

img0201ci.jpg

img0200ou.jpg

img0199f.jpg

img0198c.jpg

img0197bw.jpg

img0196zs.jpg

img0195n.jpg

img0194jh.jpg

That is an exhaust a few pics up.

Two things come to mind...

Another one bites the dust...
and
Picked dry! I love that rear red signals are gone. but they left the middle lenses. Bumpers gone. X-heads have already been there. Front Drivers side signal must be roached.

Oh, wasn't someone looking for an early style engine cover and side panels... were those in good shape?

still plenty of good parts on it by the looks of things.

Funny thing is I took a picture of the same model Honda in a pick-apart type wrecking yard just the other day, I was interested in the vents on the bonnet to use in the rear panels on my X.

I thought it was a 1st Gen Civic (CVCC)...:mallet:

It is a first gen civic but there were earlier smaller cars that went by the name Z600. They look like civics but were really tiny. My first car looked just like that one next to the X but was a hatchback. I beat that car mercilessly and it just wouldn't die. They were really tough cars.

Two things come to mind...

Another one bites the dust...
and
Picked dry! I love that rear red signals are gone. but they left the middle lenses. Bumpers gone. X-heads have already been there. Front Drivers side signal must be roached.

I was the X-head that grabbed that stuff. I left the rest of the tail-light lenses for my fellow x-heads. :grin: Still good stuff on this car...will probably go back on Sat and see what else I can salvage before the car gets squished. Some of it will end up on the FSW forum as both of my cars are 1980s and will need to recoup my allowance money I spent.

BTW...your right...the driver's side lens was busted on the bottom. GRR! I did grab the passenger side.

It is a first gen civic but there were earlier smaller cars that went by the name Z600. They look like civics but were really tiny. My first car looked just like that one next to the X but was a hatchback. I beat that car mercilessly and it just wouldn't die. They were really tough cars.

I see...I probably should have been more specific in my original post...don't know much about the old Hondas but would love to have one. When I was pulling parts off the X, I noticed that the Honda had the overhead console with the clock, map light and interior light. Something was telling me to grab it as it might be a nice ebay item...well I didn't grab it and went back a few days later...the console was gone! Oh well. I snoozed I loozed.

Oh, wasn't someone looking for an early style engine cover and side panels... were those in good shape?

CALMOTION was looking but might have scored a set. Regardless, someone needs to go get them. I have a spare passenger side but not the drivers. I would be happy to buy from you for your trouble (whomever can make it back there).

-Tim

I'd like the seats

could I ask that you PM me on price? I understand that its the yard that sets the price. Thanks from all of us for going back on what appears to be a miserable day to take these btw.

Last edited:
One thing about those era Hondas, if you've worked on a bunch of them... you can clearly see why Honda's are such good cars today. Honda aggresively changed things year after year to improve things. My wife had a 80 model with the troublesome and hilarious 2 speed manually shifted 'auto-stick' "Hondamatic" transmission. As a result of that car, I do know that the 'hondamatics' in 79, 80, and 81 were all physically different.:mad3: (82 or so got a traditional 3 speed full automatic)

I had the used 79 tranny stuffed in her 80, and realized that the 'dogbone' that went from the firewall to the top of the tranny had no 'boss' to bolt to!!! 79 models had a dogbone to that bolted to the head like the Fiat SOHC. My dad found a 80 transmission in a different state and the guy said "It won't fit in a 81... we've already tried that!"

Other manufacturers pretty much sat on their posteriors and sold us the same cheese year after year... Honda clearly wasn't afraid to rewrite the car they offered year by year.

If you look carefully you can see a blue first generation Accord in the next aisle of the yard. I remember how popular those cars were. One of the first cars I remember there being waiting lists for.

The Civic CVCC is right next to the X.

Someone should grab the brightwork trim around the taillights and license plate area, that is some rare stuff.

I'd like the chrome trim on the rear, along with the polished inside door levers (if you can find the missing pass side laying around there). Lemme know how much. my zip is 17517

Grab those door panels too--not for me--just for you to sell. They are too nice to allow them to get crushed.

Eric

Brett, the seats... I see some tears...

... the foam and shape look to be pretty good also!

I think I would snatch those also if the yard doesn't want much for them. Makes the later models that much roomier!

if you go back again...

grab every piece of those front turn signals. If they're even remotely salvageable they're worth the time. Let me know if you do, I've been lookin for some.

I bought the ex a brand new accord, think it was the second gen. Good car. I saw an earlier honda, the small one. It was in the back of a pick up truck, pretty cool.

Ok...

Looks like there's a parts list. Friday (24th) is payday (YAY!) and I'll go back on Saturday if the weather is decent to see what's left and I'll try and grab the stuff you guys requested.

Back