Pictures: Best of Italy/pancake breakfast

rturchan

Baja Bob
Here are a few shots of the pancake breakfast beforehand and a couple at the show.
Lined up
IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

Look from the roof...
IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

Rt/Left Tony and my wife cooking
IMG_3143.jpg

Steven after his car wash
IMG_3156.jpg

Group shot before we caravan tot he show
IMG_3193.jpg

Sams Very nice early 850
IMG_3218.jpg

A nice Miura
IMG_3229.jpg

My 850 that was excluded in the earlier shots
IMG_3244.jpg

Thanks for the pictures Bob

One of these days I need to fly out there for this show. Looks like a lot fo fun.

Bob. Great stuff. I wish I could have gotten up there earlier to get the Breakfast. That roof shot is amazing.. Next time I will get up there really early...

Should I post my Best of Pics here?:italia:

Thank you very much Robert

You and your Family are a very nice Host! :)

img7827l.jpg

And you Tony!.... you are the Best!!! :headbang:

img7836.jpg

You want magic??

magicx19.jpg

here is the magic!!
:eek: 10 X1/9 in one parking lot!! :eek:

img7854a.jpg

img7855r.jpg

img7856.jpg

img7857w.jpg

img7858o.jpg

img7859u.jpg

img7860d.jpg

img7861r.jpg

img7862xh.jpg

img7863m.jpg

And some more photos and thanks...

George and Bob's GT40

An awesome machine to go along with Bob's awesome shop...

More...

I also want to extend my thanks to Bob and Karen Turchan along with his sons Tom and Trevor... and the two employees that helped to set up the breakfast and detail the cars.

Along with these generous folks we were privileged to tour their awesome facility and enjoyed a great breakfast with outstanding people and cars!

I'm still reeling from the day's events.

A great little Bianchina or Autobianchi... I believe...

Ya find these WOODIES all over SoCal like this... (HA!)

Meanest looking Citroen truck I ever saw!

I simply LOVE this little 695cc engine in a 500... with a Weber DCOE45 carb that is almost as big!

This little Vespa is the result of a runaway OCD behavior...

Pint-sized Bugatti

Dino's Ride...

This is a site RARELY ever seen... X1/9's as far as the eye could see... I counted 22 there that RAN and one towed on a dolly for sale...

As for people... I am almost ashamed to say I didn't take any fotos... but probably 'cause I was too enthralled with seeing so many of them again...

Here is a list and hopefully I forget no one...

Bob Turchan, wife Karen, boys Trevor and Tom
JJ and wife Mary and the loveliest little angel in the world, Emma Kim
Rudy Mortero with bundles of FOOD
Doug THE RATT Lindeman... bought a NEW poster... contemplating a NEW ride.
George Aspiron and best buddy Angelo
Stevon Shonk and his wife
Dan Yee and his wife, his son Jason and his wife, and their lovely daughter also
Ed Ramirez, his gracious girlfriend, and "Pitter"
Ricardo Borja and his gaddam home-made Saratogo Top and other accessories...
Jack, a new friend from Fiat America...
Ed Decarbo without his lovely bride Barbara... (I think she's had enough of us!)
Steve Ramm
Albert Alvarez and his beautiful wife from Puerto Rico and TEXAS... they flew in!
David Roth (DaveR) from MINNESOTA!
Gilles and Connie and the two BOYS, Gilles Jr, and Daniel...
Merkel Weiss... who of course was running the show...
Ron from FLU cooking up burgers and dogs for lunch with a neat little trailer behind his 124
Alvon and Mo Elrod (The Ventura Ace!) who lead the local FLU contingent
Chris Obert, his BOSS and Crew
Wil Hurd and his RatRod
Mike Eagan, a new friend with a CONCOURS 124
Brian Mix... descendant of Tom Mix the Silent Silver Screen Cowboy
Randy Robinson and his awesome PLASTIC X1/9
Neils, who went crazy over our Bucking Jackass logos... and garnered my last pair!
Christian Naggier and his Acura powered X, along with his girlfriend and her ride
Tom Pazdernik... his son Chad and finance and the "FACTORY PUMPKIN ORANGE X1/9".

CONGRATULATIONS go out to JJ and Chad and Alvon for copping some of this year's trophies! All of these folks have put some very long hours into their cars... and they are all well deserving.

If I left anyone out... I apologize... and it certainly wasn't intentional... just old age.

Last edited:
who owns the red bumperless X with driving lights in the photos above? I would love to see a close up of the front end and interior color. Thanks in advance.

Oooh... unless you mean Randy's...

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?posts/77227/

Randy Robinson's bumperless mod is MUCH MORE than you can readily see.

1. The front spoiler is PLASTIC that he made...

2. The headlight doors are also PLASTIC that he made...

3. The actual headlights are disguised as parking lights...

4. The directionals are installed in the bumper slots...

5. Added a splash of bling to the nose with just a chrome strip to cover the sheetmetal lip

6. The engine cover (not seen here) has its raintray removed but then has an aluminum "wing" installed just above it.

7. As for the interior... I have no idea... as I was so enthralled over the OUTSIDE of the car I never peaked inside!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that is the car that was asked about up top. It was quite stunning. My poor photo skills just don't do the car justice. Congrats on JJ's trophy. I only stayed an hour as my fiance and daughter conspired to have a 1 hour time limit on my stay. As well, I had to take them to Casa Vega.

Nice seeing everyone, and ohh how I love the cars. Only thing here....and I may be griping about nothing, whats with all the dogs? Most of the owners were quite respectful and had the dogs leashed, but there were some snarling barking dogs that scared the hell outta Pitter.

Ed

Ha... good to see you and yours also...

As for the dogs... its not their fault... its the owners!

I left Shadow home 'cause I knew I wouldn't be able to care for her properly and still enjoy the people and the cars.

But more importantly... do I need to have a talk with your fiance?

HA!

As always a great show, I decided to join all of the norcal guys on their drive and that was great. I ended up having some issues with my exhaust...

muffler_hole.jpg

Needless to say it was very loud.

Ok. Here are a few photos...

Sorry for putting them in the wrong place.. I have more of the rest of the show if you like....:italia:

DSC05690-1.jpg

DSC05691-1-1.jpg

DSC05697.jpg

DSC05687.jpg

DSC05691.jpg

DSC05699-1-1.jpg

DSC05701.jpg

DSC05699-2.jpg

DSC05699-1.jpg

That's more than an "issue"...

Geez...

I would say you were running a bit rich or some gas collected in the muffler... That hadta be one hell of a backfire!

Post number one

Thanks to everyone, great show,great cars,great bunch of guys. I wish everyday was the best of something.

Well, it is for you Randy...

Everyday you drive the BEST Plastic Spoiler and Headlight Cover modified car with the BEST Aluminum Rain Tray ever invented!

What could be better!

As an idea though... for early this SPRING... a "Best Of Laguna Beach X1/9 Bar-B-Que" might be something to consider...

Back