Please Advise X19 1300 build

If you actually have coolant coming out of joint at the head and the block you have a signficant issue.

Did you inadvertantly end up with too long dowels which are holding the head and block apart? Or did you perchance install the head gasket upside down?

Serious bummer.

If you actually have coolant coming out of joint at the head and the block you have a signficant issue.

Did you inadvertantly end up with too long dowels which are holding the head and block apart? Or did you perchance install the head gasket upside down?

Serious bummer.
There's a possibility the dowels might be too long. Either way I'm thinking I might have to take the head off😭

Progress!!! Finally!!!
Cylinder head inevitably ended up coming off. Head gasket was mounted correctly, but the dowels , as kmead mentioned, were too long. They were just long enough that the outer edge was leaking coolant out onto the block. Luckily no coolant made it to the oil pan.
Head is back on as well as a new water pump. No leaks this time. Runs great, but it is extremely rich. There are some whistles coming from the distibutor side of the motor. I'm still not able to pin point where its coming from. My best guess is the fuel pump.I still have a bunch of kinks to figure out so there is still a lot to do.
Thanks a bunch to all for answering my questions. I am surprised that it ran with the amount of times I took it apart because I messed up. Thank you again!!!

Back