PNW Portland metro area meet

My work schedule has changed so I no longer have Sunday off, I might be able to make it early and sit in on some workshop stuff, but I've got to be back on the road by 1.
Still, I will try!

you are welcome early...

Only one x-er has indicated they "might" do some car work between 9am and noon. I do have five X1/9's, one Lotus Esprit and one Fiat 850 Spider to peruse. If this meet is like others, there are usually a couple of folks that show up at noon so I'm sure you will have some folks to chat with if you stay till 1pm.

Steve K

Iether car....

is good. Though if you don't take the 128 you will foil Mike's plan to stuff the meet with 128's. We may need to change the gathering name to "Aurelio Lampredi appreciation".

Steve K

I found a schematic...

I have Chilton's repair guide for 1969 to 1978 Fiats including 128. Has some wiring info. Best I have is a Clymer's fiat shop manual with schematics for 128, 1976 128-3p, 128 sedan, but no wagon. I'm guessing sedan schematic will be close enough.

Steve K

Meet still on even though weather....

looks to be a bit wet. But then, this is the Great Pacific North West where nothing is dry for long.

Delivered son to U-Dub today (Friday) so I will be around the house Saturday. Meet still on for Sunday, but if you want to stop by Saturday when dry for parts or chat, just call an hour before you arrive. I will likely be spending most of Saturday refinishing my decks and working on Carb to Fuel Injection swap on my black 79 X1/9.

Sunday will be wet, but fun! Ciao.

Steve K

It doesn't sound like the weather is going to be too bad. Just a little bit of light rain. Of course I should know better than to trust the weather man.

Yep, likely a bit drizzly...

Or, could be nice and sunny. Last meet here we expected rain and turned out to be a very pleasant dry day.

Steve K

First off - Thanks Steve!

My gf Wendi says Thanks too!

I had a great time, there were a great bunch of guys (and 3 gals, counting my daughter), a great bunch of X's (after I stopped drooling over the Lotus), and awesome snacks.

I showed up at 11:40ish, my overly warm 85 made it the whole 18 miles (still haven't done the Papa Tony et al recommended cooling system check & fix stuff - is now higher on my radar though).

Met Steve first, introduced my brood, next came Charles zipping in, then Alex and Mike (Alex's Dad), then Mark, then Larry & Joan, then ... ok, I'm old & forgetful AND we were already 'shop-talkin!'

My first batch o' pics is located here:

http://www.erikchorazy.com/Steve K's Gathering 2011.htm

More pictures later - gotta get the other camera Wendi was using!

Thanks again to everyone - I had a great time sharing space with the X braintrust & putting faces to names. See ya on the forums & at the next gathering!

Great meet, thanks to all that made the trek.

And here are some photos. Had a great time, and finally I had more than a Fiat wrecking yard to share. Met some new folks, reacquainted with old friends, nice cars, even the weather was not entirely bad. Had some rain and sun. Thanks to all!

Steve K

MrydG.jpg

ulvgE.jpg

mwbJ2.jpg

qSUVj.jpg

yMNLY.jpg

Thanks to Steve K....

It was a great meet. I had a good time and met some new folks. Steve has made a lot of progress to get all of his X1/9s running. And the weather was even decent.

Ciao,

Thank you for hosting...

If people didn't offer, meet ups wouldn't happen.

Nice group of cars (oh and people), snacks and drinks, cool house built around an indoor pool.

Steve's got two garages, lots of spares, and an Esprit to sit in and imagine fighting bad guys underwater (only his is blue).

Thanks again!

Thanks Steve!

Thank you for organizing and hosting a great afternoon of people, stories, tips, munchies, and a wonderful assortment of X and non-X cars. Connecting faces to names always adds a positive dimension to the forum.

Thanks, Steve! Great place and always a kick to see a gaggle (?) of X's.

Thanks also for the rubber bit for my engine cover. Popped that in as soon as I got home and it raised the right side to level, the way it is supposed to be!

Cheers!

larry

Wish I could have made it down. I spent three hours driving on Saturday and just didn't have it in me to do 5 hours on Sunday.

Wish I could have been there...

But this was more fun:laugh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD1OqqzZt3U"]MaryhillR6-92511_3500.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah yeah....

Why driving so fast? Wasp nest in the back seat of your car?....Slow down....enjoy a nice X1/9 territorial view with some Xheads next time.
(worth a stinging response?...me bad!)

Well, glad you had a good time at Maryhill. Ciao.

Steve K

Understood.

After a round trip to U-dub last Friday in my "transfer all road defects directly to my tail bone" truck, I'm a bit hesitant to repeat the drive any time soon.

Steve K

Agreed,

the opportunity to actually meet the people behind the lines of text is the primary motivation for hosting a meet. And, checking out what others have done with there rolling Italian art canvas ain't bad either....

Steve K

My pics...

Was a little distracted and only snapped a couple of pics:

A squadra of X's:
Steve K's, Mark Plaia's Code Blue, a black one (sorry) and my Corsa.
IMG_0544.jpg

Mittelstead's cherry 128:

IMG_0546.jpg

Back