Radiator Support Fastener Question 1981 X

79X19

True Classic
I'm about to reinstall my radiator assembly (Texas Heat with new electric fans and new TS100 Switch) and noticed in the workshop manual that there appears to be a rubber washer of some sort and a metal washer along with the nut that secures the radiator support to the body of the car. When I took it apart last summer there was only the nut holding this assembly in place. Can anyone tell me what the other two items are in the attached picture? Am I correct to assume that there is a rubber washer involved to absorb vibration?

The PO had done some what I would call HACK work to the car and I want to make sure I rebuild this car to its original spec as best I can.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• InkedIMG_5683_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_5683_LI.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 150
There would definitely NOT be any rubber where the support frame bolts to the body - the rubber damping is at the top center, and possibly where the two alignment pins drop into the support bar, I don't recall from when I discarded my Fiat rad, but I would expect that for damping/vibration absorbtion.

Thanks for the feedback. Just wanted to make sure as the drawing in the workshop manual showed three items associated with the fastening of the support and my car only had the nut. I will assume then that the other two items illustrated would be a flat washer and a lock washer.

Back