RED X19

I should start to save money for welding machine 😂
Also have few haters locally because am disrespectfull by driving a classics in salt season 😊
143B3907-B7D7-4D56-9569-5C2BDFC0E3AE.jpeg

Was lurking for a long time period (~year) for some other (used :D) seats, nothing that I would be “say no more” didn’t appear.
Best looking ones that I checked in person was from Alfa 156 cabrio
A6DE3C1A-3BE2-4F6C-B311-EEFF5F663CC0.jpeg

but they were so wide that I could slide from one side to other for ~10-15cm 🥺

I love these ones from Alfa GTA, have no idea how wide they are
A4095649-389C-4D32-A577-160B10D44254.jpeg

I know that my back likes “sportsitze” seats from BMW e30 and e46, but they are ~25kg-30kg 😬

So a was looking for a compromise, a bucket seat :D
Found one sparco that was excellet fitment in x19 and excellent fitment for me, but my back didn’t say that it is it.
0BE2559E-4659-4BB1-81CE-7BFECED829E9.jpeg

Found another one OMP same size, a little different design, it was a bit far from me, but not far from my brother :D Said it is up to him, how he feels in it - do I need it.
In pictures before I washed it 🤢 A fine thread will close holes 👌
37E41971-994E-4B50-A5FF-8BA1049F6B8E.jpeg
05405C80-E8E0-435F-9F4B-D1F8F63975ED.jpeg

BUT this seat does not fit well in X19 😂
I’ll have to remove door handle/armrest, and check can I change gears normally or will have to make a longshift, longer shifter not throw of it.

This is what happened here.
Thank You for Your attention!

Also found and bought caps for my summer wheels. Summer tires will be street legal after a month, of course it doesn’t mean that snow will melt in the same day :D
Am leaning to Nankang NS2, Nankang NS2R could be second choice.
They should look like these after painting
630D0479-A8B1-438A-8844-D22ED3093998.jpeg

Rims, not tires.

Still haven’t had free time to visit LPG guys to talk is it possible, a lot of work at work.

Last edited:
Some really nice seats in your pictures. Agree that most production car seats are really heavy. I think they need to be to meet safety standards, etc. I have a set of Recaros in my VW that aren't too heavy (relatively) for a standard style (not race) seat. But still much heavier than a fiberglass type.

And it looks like if you don't use the "Sandtler" one, then someone else there will!

I have a pair of aftermarket seats like that Sparco and another one from Corbeau. I hope to use them in a couple of my X builds, but haven't test fit any of them yet.

Forgot to take measurments with me, will post them tomorrow, but this Omp santler seat is exactly a little too big in all dimensions to fit in normally.
Not so trash antmore after wash and few stiches :D
A92710AA-3762-44D6-8C7C-65C00236D9FE.jpeg

Definitely looks a LOT better.

The pair of used "race" seats I have also needs cleaning. Apparently they had been stored where a cat lived in them at some point. 🤢

I'm also using a OMP seat in my x19. It's a OMP Eco. That was the entry level seat from OMP 25 years ago. I tried to find another one to make a pair, but they are starting to get old. Used ones are in bad shape and there are no new ones. But if you are lucky, They are a good fit for the x19 and the spacing of the bolt holes under the seat are aligned with the rail, so you could remove rails from an old x19 seat by breaking its welds and bolt under and still have an adjustable (fore and aft) seat.

Yesterdey put heat shield between manifolds, IAT dropped ~10 C .
That's a significant drop in temp! And really nice that we actually have a measurement of that difference, I don't recall anyone posting real intake air temps to show the change. One of the benefits of newer technology with your modern EFI setup. :)

I can’t even describe how much I enjoy cutting this car
Me too! :D

41063 - Copy (2).JPG

I should have checked before what are actual intake manifold and IC t before cutting this sidescoop bigger, IAT dropped max ~4 C .

After turning off engine quickly opened bonnet and made temperature check with hand, better something than nothing :D

difference is huge.
My hand sensor showed ~55C on intake manifold and ~21c on intercoolers engines side. Outside is ~-4 to 0C

Tomorrow will try to make something to cool down intake manifold.
That scoop is just for test 😅

09930AFA-D54C-4C23-BFBC-EE1288EFCFAF.jpeg
8166CFEE-6102-4C1C-8E06-0CE11ED7C6C7.jpeg
3FA9E635-FB18-41C9-86B0-95A6E266C923.jpeg

I'm also using a OMP seat in my x19. It's a OMP Eco. That was the entry level seat from OMP 25 years ago. I tried to find another one to make a pair, but they are starting to get old. Used ones are in bad shape and there are no new ones. But if you are lucky, They are a good fit for the x19 and the spacing of the bolt holes under the seat are aligned with the rail, so you could remove rails from an old x19 seat by breaking its welds and bolt under and still have an adjustable (fore and aft) seat.
Will try my luck on local marketplace. This Sandtler seat is ~same age, its HOMO has been ended in 2002

I wonder what improvement I would get with my flared scoop?

IMG_1093[1].JPG

It's currently just a pass through into the wheel well. I could close off that end and force everything into the engine bay.

I wonder what improvement I would get with my flared scoop?

View attachment 42241

It's currently just a pass through into the wheel well. I could close off that end and force everything into the engine bay.
Carl, is that as it came or has it been widened (pushed out) toward the front? The pic may be deceiving but it looks like it tapers wider toward the door.

I think it would be a benefit to close off the end and direct the air into the opening in the body - into the engine bay. If you want to maximize that benefit you could open up the hole through the bodywork. I was able to get it about four to five times the stock opening size easily.

Back