X frame time! But first, let us not lose sight of the wonder I am working on. The tarp blew off before I got out there today to work on it. Isn't it lovely? I may just patch up all the rust, get it running and take it to a car show with the lichen on it. Patina that cannot be faked! Time to put my master plan into action! So here is the metal I got today at lowes. The tubes are I inch square. I will need more of the flat stuff. So I started by putting the tube in the spot on the drivers side where the old x frame was. Once it is cleaned off, it should weld and hold nicely. I did the same on the passengers side. I then marked and cut the tubing up in the front. This is pretty much where the original x member went. The jack and clamps held it all in place for me as I marked where the tubes will be cut in the middle to wed, and to get the overlap correct in the front for maximum strength. I am pretty pleased with how this looks so far! Now I feel like I am making progress! It is supposed to rain again tonight. If it is dry enough tomorrow I am going to try and assemble the frame off the car. That includes welding the flat pieces on top. Gonna make my own girders! And thanks to all who are reading this. It really helps to keep me motivated!