Sad story - with pics

Hi Kelvin

Sorry to have wracked your car...
Now I will pick myself up, do something (I don't remember what the song says) and start all over again.
I will survive...
Be well my friend
Enjoy -

Thanks Rooster

Thanks for the sympathy.
I am checking all options. I am afraid transporting replacement parts is not worthy, bringing in a whole car may be a better choice.

Enjoy -

Man, that sucks! But it's good to know that YOU are ok, and even better to see that you've got a really good outlook on the whole thing.

As for differences between the '81 and the '87 (I've had one of each) it's mostly interior stuff. There are a few minor exterior differences, like black instead of chrome trim (sometimes!) and color matched bumpers (sometimes!) on the '87. I'll see if I can dig up some pics or maybe even take some pics of the '87 interior stuff I have here. I'll even get some shots of the '81 interior stuff I have to get a really good comparison. Might have to wait until the weekend, though...

Oh my Lord... Glad you are OK...

I see even Kelvin saw this and commented... WOW!

As with any door ding... you X is a total loss from an insurance perspective...

But seeing the job your shop did with your last accident, I'm sure they could salvage this car also. I'd hate to see it crushed or scrapped for parts. You might wanna consider the cost of a new car, shipping and the like, even if you have to spend money out of your pocket to fix this one, over what the insurance will cover. Just saying...

Also sorry to hear you need an operation also... We'll be here when you are ready Herzel... God bless and regards to Irit also.

Thanks Tony

It might be a good excuse for us to meet again...HaHa.
And Leno too. Did you tell him about this mishap?

I am OK, physically and spirit wise.
Be well my friend
Enjoy -

Herzel, although the current news is sad, there is

one other alternative to consider. After all the discussion created when Vince in Ojai posted about spending the day having Papa Tony help him with his brakes, I'd suggest we put Tony on the next plane to Israel. He can probably have your X put back together like new in no time. You could probably get the $20 back that you loaned him at the same time:sun: HA!!!!

Best wishes for the upcoming surgery.
Mike

Yep! And I have a coupla tubes of Liquid Nails...

packed away and ready to go... along with my meds, respirator, and AK47.

I also stopped by GIANT Auto Wrecking today and he has a complete front HALF of a '77 X1/9, rust free with perfect panels... nose, hood, fenders, pods, etc...

He did say that he sent ONE Hubcap to Israel and it cost $40 USD... and we could probably ship an entire car in a container for less than shipping a hood alone! (I find that hard to believe... but I guess there are some FEES to pay when ya ship to the Promised Land!)

Geez Loueez!

I'll let Leno know of "our" plight here and see if he has any connections...

Thanks for the guidelines Ulix

I'll follow your pics as a guide for my "new" X, whichever this will turn out to be.
Thanks for the encouraging words, and yes, I will drive an X even better than this one!
Enjoy -

As long as we all laugh about it

I am good.
Somehow, somewhere, sometime I shall drive a good X...
Enjoy -:drink:

Your crunched X

OK, Herzel, the important thing is that no one was hurt.

Now, the good news: I have a nose cone in great condition. If you will only decide what you want to do with your X, then let me know. I am coming back to Israel in early April and staying through pesach. If you let me know what parts you need, I will look to see what I have and then put out the word on the other parts. If I can get everything here in Tulsa, I can crate them up and get them on the same EL AL flight as Carol and I. I cannot guarantee that I will have enough time to help you work on repairing your car, as my time has quite a few constraints on it this visit, but I will help with what I can.
As an alternative, I am sending you pictures of my 81X with 67K miles, which could be yours for a VERY attractive price if you decide that you want to buy a new(er) X.

When you have spoken with Matt, let me know what you want me to do.

B'shalom,
Allen

1: You're OK.

2: It's easier to weld metal than flesh.

Glad you are OK. Your eXxie is slightly chuffed, but don't assume the worst, assume the best -- It costs no more!

Back in 2000 I stumbled upon a black 1986 with 6000 miles on it. It found a utility pole right between the headlights. For $1000 it was mine. For an additional $1500 the snout of a rear-ended 1975 was spliced onto it. (The structural rails were almost untouched in the accident.)

She was as good as new with the added feature of different era bumpers: X aficionados were immediately spotted by their heads flipping from the front of the car to the rear as if watching a tennis match.

I was lucky to find a great bodyshop whose workers knew their trade and would not slather on the Bondo: There were two DeLoreans on the premises undergoing repair.

Again, you are OK; and don't write off your X. They're tough little beggers.

Keep well

Glad to hear that most of the damage was only to the car. I’ve found that X19 owners are a tough lot, and that they and their cars bounce back.

Speaking from personal experience, I've learned two things; the first that it’s hard to protect yourself from the stupid and the second is that if you have an X, you want an X. Here is my story on one photo (from 1981), not posted directly but linked for you selection. Keep in mind before you view, that the stain on the driver’s door is me and that the guy who hit me had no license, no registration, stolen plates and walked (typical)……..

http://img806.imageshack.us/i/carrearviewbw.jpg/

Keep well and get back in the driver’s seat (it’s all we can do sometimes).

Vincent dba enzo mac

This is not sad, it is terrible

And you walked away from this ?
I guess these little buggers are really protective, aren't they.

Enjoy -

omg

Hi Vincent,

congrats that you were lucky enough to survive that terrible crash.
From the pics, it seems that you very pretty lucky, the headreast is still there, but everything in front or behind of that area is gone.

Would you care to share the story of what exactly happened and how heavily injured you were?
I am asking because I like to learn more of what could potetially happen when driving an X and how much these cars can handle.

Ulix

Back