Seat Upholstery IDEAS??

rturchan

Baja Bob
The stock leather seats in my 1983 X are starting to look worn ( just the drivers seat actually) and BFI is around the corner so I plan to re-cover them. Personally I do not line the many many 1 inch bands in the stock seats. The bands on the outer sections I think are too much. The 1 inch bands in the center are OK. I also am not a fan of the odd looking cloth stock seats in the later cars. Does anyone have a picture of some good looking options???? for a re-cover plan??

White is not the colour for your car but this is the original 1300 pattern on my Lido in leather with black piping.

diamonds?

you know, I saw those seats on ebay and thought... OMG! GROSS!! (I still think that, but..)

Early Ferraris had diamond interiors - and ugh.. so do late ones! And Lamborghini as well! So now we can also have that high end diamond look for a low low price!

Meh, every time I see diamond pattern interior I think of a brown '78 Chevy van with a unicorn painted on the side with tear drop bubble windows in the back.. yep - the good old days!

http://blog.hemmings.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/11/1957-Ferrari-interior-700-x-464.jpg

and

li_11437.jpg

leather seats

Hey,
If you end up with new seats I'd love to put dibs on yours. Actually it looks like you could redeye those very successfully.
Doug R

you know, I saw those seats on ebay and thought... OMG! GROSS!! (I still think that, but..)

I think he will do a different pattern for an extra $100, we discussed these covers a bunch of times. Pretty good it seemed but getting $$ (at first they were $350 I believe).

I like your patina-d look anyway.

Bob,

Go to Santy's Upholstery in Hawthorne.
12501 Prairie Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250
(310) 644-3077

It's about a mile north of the Hawthorne Airport. He did my seats about 2 years ago and even Papa Tony approved. I only went for a simple 2 tone color scheme, but the stitching and overall quality was really good. Santiago Gil, the owner could probably give you some ideas. They're usually working on a number of cars, so you can see some of the intricate designs they do there.

If I have some pix here, I'll email them to you.

Mike

The stock leather seats in my 1983 X are starting to look worn ( just the drivers seat actually) and BFI is around the corner so I plan to re-cover them. Personally I do not line the many many 1 inch bands in the stock seats. The bands on the outer sections I think are too much. The 1 inch bands in the center are OK. I also am not a fan of the odd looking cloth stock seats in the later cars. Does anyone have a picture of some good looking options???? for a re-cover plan??

Man Bob...I really LIKE your seats and love the design/pattern. IF I go back to stock seats I want that :)

Thanks everyone...

My main issue is that I am not happy with the one inch bands on the side bolsters. I think Bertone went overboard on the style. I see lots of seats and these could be better. Since mine have started to tear at the seam I figure I should upgrade. As far as upholstery shops, there is a guy 100 feet away ( across the street) that is very good. I have looked at some of the vintage Porsches and might go with the cloth insert and a leather outer. Just for temperature control and some style. Henk said he has originals in stock, so maybe I keep it stock. Since BFI is so close I would like to get it done sooner rather than later.
Not sure yet. Thanks for the info and help.
Bob T

Back