SerpentAuto Spoiler Install

nice job, thats how the boig kit was added to my car as well, You want to be sure to use a dense filler in the areas where more than a few mill are needed, otherwise you risk the chance of shrinkage as well as cracking, i recomend a shortstrand reinforced waterproof resin, then when close fill it with lightweight body filler. Mine had been just bondo'd in many places and it shrunk, cracked and showed the rivits.

why didnt you close the slots under the headlights while at it?
anyway i like the black much better than the white, matches the rockers now.

looks like it will capture alot more air for the radiator now, nice design.

nice job, thats how the boig kit was added to my car as well, You want to be sure to use a dense filler in the areas where more than a few mill are needed, otherwise you risk the chance of shrinkage as well as cracking, i recomend a shortstrand reinforced waterproof resin, then when close fill it with lightweight body filler. Mine had been just bondo'd in many places and it shrunk, cracked and showed the rivits.

why didnt you close the slots under the headlights while at it?
anyway i like the black much better than the white, matches the rockers now.

looks like it will capture alot more air for the radiator now, nice design.

The weldbond structural adhesive has that sucka firmly attached from the frame rail opening to the wheel arch :grin: The screws in the earlier pics were removed once the adhesive set, no rivets anywhere. I used just a little bondo, then spot putty for the imperfections.

I thought about the slots, but I have the vintage covers, just didn't put them back yet. In any case, it wouldn't be much work to sand it & fabricate some strips, then blend it back in if I really want to.

I can't say that it improves air flow, actually. It's possible, I suppose. Mostly, I just like the look. Next I'm gonna cut 3" holes in it & install recessed round driving lights :grin:

Fixed the power seat in the Mustang today...

...and photoshopped covers under the headlamps. :grin:

Two versions, one follows the recess in the fender & requires cutting the welded lip over the indicator off...

X19Spoiler0047.jpg

..the other just follows the 'bump' in the front panel, & ties it back into the fender...

X19Spoiler0046.jpg

any thoughts or opinions on which route to take?

Back