some X parts FS, tons more free. Portland ME

Damonfg

Daily Driver
Hey guys, got a big move coming up and my desire to haul tons (literally) of X parts is pretty low.

My horde is your gain.

For sale cheap cheap cheap: two 42DCNF carbs, pair of recaro leather seats, couple of lightened flywheels, quite a few alloy wheels including a factory styles, BWA sportstars, and another set whose name escapes me (pics will follow)

The 86 X, turbo and all, is open for offers (cheap it is not). I'm debating the merits in moving it as well.

Free: Everything else. Some NOS parts (clutches, master cylinders, distributor caps), tons of used parts, wiring harnesses, bumpers, a-arms, transmissions, trim items, axles, distributors of many flavors, carbs of all types, pedal assembly, e-brake pulleys, at least one complete FI engine, tons and tons of miscellaneous pieces.

I'll definitely be there 9/29, just west of Portland ME, with spotty availability between now and then. If you need/want anything, let me know and I'll check- but odds are I have it. I'll even fire up the BBQ to entice y'all to haul some parts before they hit the dumpster.

I'd like to see some pics of...

the Recaro leather seats. Also any dimensions you can supply. Did you already have these mounted in an X and know that they fit?

Thanks,
Pete

They are from a Lancia Beta, and don't drop into an X.

They are wide for an X and the bolsters interfere with the inner rails at the rocker. They sit a little tall too, just barely clearing the roof. If you are short, drive with the roof always open, or have a double bubble they will work.

I can get pics over the weekend.

If you have the plastic backing plate for the passenger side exterior door hande and a 1st generation front grille, I am looking for those parts.

Thanks. I am actually thinking for my Scorpion

They are from a Lancia Beta, and don't drop into an X.

They are wide for an X and the bolsters interfere with the inner rails at the rocker. They sit a little tall too, just barely clearing the roof. If you are short, drive with the roof always open, or have a double bubble they will work.

I can get pics over the weekend.

So I have a bit more room than in an X. And I do have a DB top.

Pete

Damon!

Long time no hear.

FYI, I still have your nicely undercoat-sprayed hood sitting in my garage, awaiting an opportunity to get to you.
Maybe I need to make a trip up there this weekend?

I almost certainly have a RH door latch mech, but don't have any front grilles - honeycomb or straight slat.

3 questions

From your posting it appears you are not offering to ship parts. Is that correct?

The lightened flywheels are for which engine?

How much are they?

Regards,

Rob

I can ship some parts USPS priority/insured, but let me be clear that I am doing a lot of travel and have limited time here with them. The aren't likely to get mailed out next day.

I'm working with tons of parts here, and really wouldn't even attempt to go one by one through them since I have such limited time here, but if I can help out a fellow pasta head I don't mind doing what I can. And really, I've horded X parts for 20 years, I'd hate to just toss them in the dumpster.

If some kind X soul (Bob, Mike, I'm looking at y'all) would give the pile a good home, I'd gladly help load :)

Flywheels are for the 1500, $40 per + postage/insurance

Hello Damon,

I need one of your lightened flywheels for 1500 Engine,
also FI wiring harnesses.

I wish both items are available,
To be ship in Quebec Canada J3V6E7.
Let me know the price

Thanks
Yves

Im looking for a copper ground strap from trans to the body:)
And a 1300 engine cover and side panels:love:

Asking for AlbertA & KevinB...

...any 8" SportStars in your stash?
Ha!

Also, I'd like the 2nd lightened flywheel,
assuming re-balance was part of the lightening process.

<Edit: Thx for info FW wasn't balanced. Will pass.>

Last edited:
Damon I can help out on the 29th!
have van will travel :thumbsup:

Bob save me a late model tranny if there is one :)

PM sent on clutch slave mounting brackets etc

Hi there.

I need all the clutch slave mounting bits for a '79 1500 engine (in my '74 shell).

Specifically I am looking for;

#14 - 23 except for #22 the actual slave.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Think I have the clutch slave parts inquired about.
Certain that I have two lightened not-yet balanced flywheels for 1500s.
May have 5.5 - 6" sport star, dont think I have 8" but I do have the bestest repro soprt star wheel centers - fiat laurel wreath in stainles... :sun:
would prefer to let the FI harness go with the FI engine
all of the AC stuff went last year.
no 1300 engine cover stuff (not much 1300 stuff, really, aside from carbs and carb cooling blowers, cog/smog belt, maybe a washer reservoir bag)

JJ, copper ground strap? really? like parts stores stopped selling ground straps and you need an original? man if i find one i'll set it aside for you, with my sympathies.

definitely have several 1500 transmissions, think there is at least an 86 if not an 87, and two parts transmissions, 87 & 79, with cracked housings. i can see that they go to you greg.

Back