Stand back, take a seat, another Federal SS thread............

Thanks. Yes I have had kidney stones and compared to those babies, gout is like a minor mosquito bite.

ANYWAY (with all us old farts and our med problems maybe we should have a separate section just for those discussions!) I drove the 77 "up to speed" as they say and I give them a good rating as far as shaking. These tires have a baking date of 2018 so they are new. Dead smooth up to 60, light flutter at the steering wheel at indicated 65, doable shuttering at 70 although it would come and go, and dead smooth at 80. I may rotate front to rear and try again but we shall see how motivated I am. Truth of the matter is that the experience I just had with these tires is pretty much identical to other tires on other rims on this car and I think it's a problem with something on the car rather than a fault of the tires.

Good one! And I never really meant to share my medical issues with the forum, it was just mentioned as the reason I had so many things in limbo. And I do gratefully accept all the medical advice I got.

In the spirit of the holidays, I'm off to look at a Fiat this morning that no one in their right might should check out with the full intention of hoping it has something terribly wrong and I can walk away with a clear conscience and a fat wallet.

Back