Terrible noise when I step on the clutch pedal

You'd think by now his insurance might require one, for believability.:)

I really can't make any jokes here, I've done much worse. :oops: I have nothing further to say about that though. :rolleyes:
But it would be fun to watch such events, so long as it isn't your car or property. :p

I guess I solved the noise, actually you guys did since I never would have looked for fallen thrust bearings. Got it all together, fired up the motor, pressed the clutch pedal and no noise. The two weeks I spent on this completely removed any chance of having the car on the road for next weekend's local Italian car show. As we say every year, there's always next year.

Thanks for the help and jokes.

By the way, CG explained in MIRA what the actual noise was, since it had happened to him once. It's the flywheel hitting the sheet metal shield as you step on the clutch pedal and push the flywheel up against the shield, an interference that would not happen with the thrust washers in place, keeping the crank from moving axially. This is exactly the type of sound I was hearing although I did not know what parts were actually hitting each other till he explained it.

Back