Tipo to X19 Thermostat housing

RichG

Daily Driver
Hi anybody got a CAD drawing of the spacer needed to go from the 2 studs on the Tip head to the 3 studs on the X19 housing. By the way i have just bought one of the replacement thermostat housings from Claire at Eurosport they are great quality and worth the investment

Hi Jim I am after a CAD file for the adapter so I can make one
I understood that Rich, I meant to hit the "reply" button to Ulix' post and did not do so. That made my post a bit unclear who I was talking to. Much like NEG and Ulix' posts. :)

I did search for any reference to the adapter/spacer and all I found was some discussion and then SteveC's photo. No real details.

Here is a STEP file.
Not my work.
One Xhead buddy drew it up in pencil and another Xhead buddy made this file.
Both had adapters made. :)
I have one on my car.
That’s really kind of you Ulix thank you very much indeed

Here it is in a DXF file with a picture of how Ive been fitting the heater hose

Attachments

• Head Adapter.zip
    131.6 KB · Views: 125
  • BAUU3809.JPG
    BAUU3809.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 155
Here it is in a DXF file with a picture of how Ive been fitting the heater hose
That’s great thanks I’ve been thinking could we not tap into the thermostat housing but hadn’t thought of coming out of this point. Eurosport’s new casing I think will handle being worked on see photo attached of it is yours working just wondering on the flow?

I think it’s a really tidy solution Paul thanks for sharing

Except that will have the thermostat housing sitting at an angle.

To get it sitting square you need to have four holes in it.... like so
adaptor.jpg

I also drill and tap the adaptor to take the heater hose fitting, and like Paul use the stock X19 item, though I prefer the smaller radius of the cast brass 1300 style.... though I fit it into the lower face above the transmission (facing backwards) so both heater hoses run basically thru the same route

SteveC

Attachments

• 090423 Adapter.PDF
    66.7 KB · Views: 130

View attachment 61096

I also drill and tap the adaptor to take the heater hose fitting, and like Paul use the stock X19 item, though I prefer the smaller radius of the cast brass 1300 style.... though I fit it into the lower face above the transmission (facing backwards) so both heater hoses run basically thru the same route

SteveC
That’s very clever big thanks Steve

View attachment 61096

SteveC
After I took that picture, I drilled and taped the 4th hole. Here it is installed:

DSC_0466.jpg

Last edited:
Back