Sorry to drag up an old thread but I have one of these relays in my car (one off build) and I also have the problem of no intermittant.

I have it wired up as per the diagram at the top of the page - low/high/self park all work fine but when 12v is supplied to the 'I' pin nothing happens.
When the 12v is disconnected from the 'I' terminal it performs one sweep & parks.

Any help much appreciated!!
I'd have to review this whole thread to remember exactly what was discussed. However I can say there are a few different versions of the VW delay relay and a couple different X1/9 wiper wiring layouts/schematics. So everything may depend on what you have specifically? Also, your trouble may have to do with how to wire it or with how to program the VW relay. Those are two separate subjects and both will affect if and how it works.

I don't think its the programming, the 12v energises the relay but it does not switch off. Mine might be a bit more tricky as I am using a Mini wiper motor & using the relay to 'work' the self park circuit.

It worked really nicely with an old porsche 924 relay but that has died and are unobtainable now. The Porsche relay worked opposite to this with 12v permanent to the trigger circuit when 'off' and 0v when on intermittant setting.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I have one of these relays in my car (one off build) and I also have the problem of no intermittant.

I have it wired up as per the diagram at the top of the page - low/high/self park all work fine but when 12v is supplied to the 'I' pin nothing happens.
When the 12v is disconnected from the 'I' terminal it performs one sweep & parks.

Any help much appreciated!!

Mine didn't work in terms of interval function until I figured I didn't have the bridge (grey) in place (from 4 to 6 at the stalk connection). Is that properly wired?

index.php

@lookforjoe and @rachaeljf Quick question...I was wondering if you all would help me figure out my wiring diagram for wiring intermittent wipers to my UTV using the 99 relay? I'm giving it my best shot to follow you all but it is not working correctly. Here is my circuit.

Attachments

• 20231218_212649.jpg
    20231218_212649.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 47
@lookforjoe and @rachaeljf Quick question...I was wondering if you all would help me figure out my wiring diagram for wiring intermittent wipers to my UTV using the 99 relay? I'm giving it my best shot to follow you all but it is not working correctly. Here is my circuit.
Your diagram looks all wrong.

The way it's wired on my X1/9:

53s = low to motor, low from Switch
15 = switched power to relay, motor
T = wash wipe signal from stalk
53M = motor interval
I = Delay signal from stalk
31 = relay ground

As I read it, he stated this is for his "UTV"....not a X1/9. If so then the wiring will be different and I'm not sure how the X1/9 mod might pertain to a UTV?

Back