Vehicle security?

I pulled the starter wires from the ignition and removed the cigarette lighter, put a button in the lighter hole. I also hooked up the fuel pump to the rear defrost switch. Try figuring that one out! If they want it bad enough they will get it.

That is brilliant! I have a push button start in the cig lighter hole. I have a fan switch that turns on the radiator fan that I will not need when i upgrade the radiator and fans. I could use that as a fuel pump switch. I put one of these in the engine bay but using a dash switch is brilliant.

11310-02.jpg

Hello there!
If I close and lock my doors, then they unlock instantly or unlock after I try to open them. Push the button and they unlock.
I have added springs on both doors that pulls mechanism to lock position, so doors can be opened only when key is in and turned in unlock position.

This is excellent for security, also excellent for lock Your car with keys inside and engine running :D (I keep extra door’s key in pocket)

From that I can understand that in the mechanism something is broken.
Could it be that circle spring? And because of that, pancake on barrel rotates like living it’s best life :D
Should that pancake be in tension all the time? Does that help doors to not unlock by themself?

@mkmini , that certainly does not sound right for them to unlock by themselves that way. It might be that circle spring. It's been a couple years since I rebuilt my door locks/latches, so I can't remember for certain how they work. But I do recall that the little spring were broken on both of my locks. I tried to "fix" one by bending the end to make a new 'tab' - where the tip was broken off. That did not work; shortening the spring even that little bit made it too tight to fit back on (too much tension). So they must have quite a bit of pull normally. I also tried to use another spring that was a similar type from the hardware store. That also did not work. I finally ordered a couple of the lock repair kits from the LADA supplier (link below). They work great. Also fixed the broken "pawl" on one lock and new pins for both. So I do not know if that is the reason your locks act funny. But also chek to make sure they are assembled correctly. Maybe that spring is turning backwards (living it's best life in reverse)? ;)

Very inexpensive, and enough for both doors.

Back