Velocity Stacks on 40 DCNF's

I am using super short 3D printed bellmouths on top of my 42 DCNFs in my airbox.
They are holding up fine. I am sure you need to pick a material that can stand up to the fuel vapor.

OK, kinda understand most of this...
I have a "hot-ish" 1300 with dual IDF's and a supposed redline of 9K+. I have no problem with modding the engine cover and really want to have some cartoonish stacks sticking up. My plan was a new airbox with a bubbled plexi see-thru top. Something very 50's Ferrari. As long as they don't diminish performance, the more outrageous the better.

Now, somebody please start printing...one way or another.

Ferrari_Hood_GTO_Scoop.jpg

As long as they don't diminish performance,
and they won't. But, the length matters. To get the sort of visual effect you are after, I suspect they will be long which is OK as that will lift mid range torque which is no bad thing on a 1300. If they have the proper bell shape, they will still be OK at the top end. But strictly speaking we are off topic :) as you are talking stacks on IDF not DCNF. I suggest you start a new thread around your engine cover/plenum/stacks/Ferrari/50s esq idea - which would look and be preety darn cool BTW!

Back